Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Original post on the Microsoft support site (I did not receive any useful replies): "Hello, just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CallMeTrinity23, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

Original post on the Microsoft support site (I did not receive any useful replies):

"Hello, just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19042.685 about an hour ago. My laptop now has a blinking orange light on the battery indicator, indicating a critical battery error. I have tried disabling and uninstalling the 2 battery drivers on my device, as well as doing a full system shut down. When I unplug the laptop from the charger, it still remains powered on, but the light still blinks, and the percentage shows as 100% and 10 hours of battery remaining. When I plug it in, the battery continues blinking and also shows 100% and fully charged. In doing a battery report, it's showing that I have 36,260 mWh remaining.

I changed my laptop's battery about 2 months ago, and the charger is working (obviously because it's showing as charging and fully charged).

I'm unsure of what this issue is, but I would like the light to stop blinking. Any ideas or tips? I would prefer not to have to open my laptop up again just to remove the battery and put it back, if at all possible."

About 2 days after I posted this, I decided to just open up my laptop and take out the battery. After doing this, the blinking orange light stopped. Great.

Just now though, it has started back up. I don't want to have to open up my laptop every single time this orange light starts blinking for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any helpful tips?

submitted by /u/CallMeTrinity23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CallMeTrinity23, Dec 17, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Dec 17, 2020
  3. SimDoc Win User
    Laptop battery issue

I have the same issue. I am trying to update the BIOS but will not due to "missing" battery. My charger did die on me and I had to replace it. I also wound up having to reinstall XP. Ever since the reload, the battery has been missing in action. It will run without being plugged into the wall and the battery checks good with 5 green lights. Any suggestions on how to update the bios with this problem?

SimDoc, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

1. Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop? - Similar Threads - Recent update causing

2. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  3. Battery issues Windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery issues Windows 10 laptop.: I have an HP Pavillion x360. Not sure how old it is but it was given to me by my mother-in-law. It runs fine but I notice it has weird battery issues. For example, if I charge it up to 100% and unplug the charger it will stay at 100 for a few minutes before immediately...
  4. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  5. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop: Since the last windows 10 update the battery whilst showing 94% as soon as you disconnect the power out the computer shuts down. I have run all the diagnostics suggested and everything comes back okay. I have also ran HPs battery diagnostic and that comes back okay also. Any...
  6. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues: Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these games maxes out my systems GPU, and creates a very "choppy" FPS. How can you fix this?...
  7. Issue with recent Windows 10 Update

Issue with recent Windows 10 Update: i just decided to do the Windows 10 update thag came out a few weeks ago before I heard about the issues. Unfortunately, the update was a “Update and Restart”, not the usual “Update and shut down”. I cant quite remember what I did, but i just started up my laptop (Dell...
  8. Recent Windows update causing download issues

Recent Windows update causing download issues: I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all...
  9. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...
  10. Windows update caused laptop issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update caused laptop issues!: Running Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. I left it to do a Windows update and shut down last night. Took 15 minutes to start up this morning and now my desktop icons have no text. No clock in taskbar. No text on or in any file folders. No ability to type into file search box....