Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -...

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On 10/15/2020 an automatic Windows 10 Update occurred to my PC. On 10/16/2020 when using the HP Printer Assist software for my HP Officejet Pro 6830... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sampap06, Oct 17, 2020.

1. sampap06 Win User

Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -...

On 10/15/2020 an automatic Windows 10 Update occurred to my PC. On 10/16/2020 when using the HP Printer Assist software for my HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer to open the scan dialog I received the following message "Unable to Communicate with the Scanner." Next, I received the following error message when using the HP Scan Doctor 5.4.1to troubleshoot the issue "DRIVER ERROR The scan driver is unable to communicate with the product." Per HP troubleshooting instructions, I unplugged the printer and powered the printer back up and then restarted the PC I performed this 2X and this did not resolve the issue. I then uninstalled the HP Officejet Pro 6830 software and did a new software install via the HP Scan Doctor 5.4.1. Upon doing so the the HP Printer Assist software opened and allowed me to perform a scan successfully. A couple of hours later I went back to the HP Printer Assist software to perform another scan and once again received the following error message "DRIVER ERROR The scan driver is unable to communicate with the product."

Following up...I discovered that when I unplugged the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer and powered it back on and then restarted the PC upon checking in the Windows 10 Device Manager when right clicking on "Printers" the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer icon is displayed and in the General Tab the following is displayed "Device Status This device is working properly". Then when I open the HP Printer Assist software and click on the scanner icon to open the scanner dialog I again receive the error message "Unable to Communicate with the Scanner." Then when returning to the Windows 10 Device Manager when right clicking on "printers" the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer icon is no longer displayed ?

Note that the apparent DRIVER ERROR issue of being unable to communicate with the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer is specific to the HP Printer Assist portion of the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer software as I am able to print Microsoft Word documents from my PC as well as being able to scan documents but by only doing so manually using the display menu on the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer.

On October 16th, I also posted the issue on the HP Community Forum website but to date haven't received any replies to my posting. Also, since the printer is out of warranty, a tech support call or chat is not an option in attempting to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you.

:)

sampap06, Oct 17, 2020

2. Print spooler issue with win 10. HP 6830 wireless printer, emachine desktop

Hi Quinn,

Please reply to a few more questions to understand the issue better:

• Did you check if the printer is blocked by Firewall?
    • Did you scan the PC using the scan software by the printer manufacturer?

Please scan and check the PC using HP Print and Scan Doctor in
    Step 2: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check for printing and firewall issues from the link below under
    Can’t print after upgrading to Windows 10:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/product...ies/5390307/model/5390308/document/c04714314/

Write to us with the status of printing issues experienced on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 17, 2020
  3. KJM294 Win User
    Windows 10 and my HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer

Hi Segg!

It looks like this would definitely solve my printer situation. Only problem is... I can't find the disk that came with my HP Officejet Pro 6830 last Fall. Is there anyway I can get the driver that would have been on that disk, from the internet anywhere?
    And how would I know it's the right one?

Hope you or someone can help - getting really discouraged...

KJM294, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -...

HP Officejet Pro K550

Dear Erdeslawe,

I finally got a reply from the HP forum confirming that the printer is compatible with Windows 10 but the problem resolved itself when I installed the latest Windows 10 update. I have several available printers on my system and a new one is available to
    select HP Officejet Pro K550 (Copy1). If I select this, everything prints perfectly. Selecting the original HP Officejet Pro K550 nothing happens. The solution suggested by HP is reproduced below if anyone has a similar problem but I have not had to use this.

Thanks again for your help

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing issues when printing from your Windows 10 computer to your HP Officejet Pro K550 Colour Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. Thank you for including the troubleshooting steps that you have
    attempted prior to reaching out for support. Your HP Officejet is compatible with Windows 10. However, there is no downloadable HP Full Feature Software and Driver, or Basic Driver available. Rather, you're relying
    solely on aWindows Update driver to use the print function of your product. There may be a conflict with the Windows Update driver on the Windows 10 system that is causing your Officejet to 'lock up' as your Windows XP system still prints
    fine to your machine. To resolve this issue, I'm curious if an alternate print driver would function properly for you. To test this theory, please follow the steps below on the Windows 10 computer.

Step 1: Add Alternate Driver:

Make sure the USB Cable is connected to your Windows 10 computer from your printer.

• Click on Start
    • Open Devices and Printers
    • Locate your Officejet in the Devices and Printers window
    • Right click on the HP Officejet
    • Left click on Printer Properties
    • Select the Advanced tab
    • Select New Driver
    • When the New Driver window opens just hit 'Next' until you see a list of Manufacturersand Printers.
    • Click HP as the Manufacturer
    • Select Deskjet 9800 as the Printer on the right
    • After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit 'Next' to complete the New Driver wizard
    • Under Printer Properties click Apply, but don't hit OK
    • Click the General tab
    • Rename your printer back to Officejet K550
    • Click OK
    • Lastly, right click on your Officejet one more time
    • Select Printing Preferences
    • Click on the Paper/Quality tab
    • Select the Print Quality dropdown and change this to 'Fast Normal'
    • Select Apply and OK
    • Close Devices and Printers

DavidRoweST, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -...

1. Recent Windows 10 Update Created Issue with HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Assist software -... - Similar Threads - Recent Update Created

2. HP Printer Officejet pro 8600 Plus and Microsoft Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Officejet pro 8600 Plus and Microsoft Windows 10 Updates: Hello, My HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer appears influenced by Microsoft Windows 10 updates. A file requested to be printed following the printing of a previous item can sit in the printer queue for around 20 minutes or so whether deliberately deleted or otherwise....
  3. Integrated USB unit in HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 doen't appear anymore

Integrated USB unit in HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 doen't appear anymore: The integrated USB unit port of the printer Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 doen't appear in Windows 10 as an unit device letter anymore... I mean, before the issue, I had these units letter showed: C: my primary sdd unit D: my hdd USB unit Z: the USB unit integrated in the Hp...
  4. Problems with printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

Problems with printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8710: Was working with Alexis N #1499040187 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-printer-hp-officejet-pro-8710/5ea99240-91b6-4131-9dda-47d39ea0a10c
  5. HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline

HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline: How can I get my HP office Pro 8610 printer back online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-printer-offline/e5e3a163-fadc-4c4d-92e3-b93f868e25b1
  6. HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Problem

HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Problem: I just recently installed a new HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Whenever I attempt to print 2 or more copies of a document, it feeds a blank page after it prints. Thank you....
  7. HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer/WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer/WIndows 10: Since installing Windows 10, my printer will not work. it says it is "unavailable". When I try to print I get an "error" message. I have misplaced the CD to reinstall. Please tell me how I can get my HP Officejet Pro K5400 printer to work. Thank you...
  8. HP Officejet Pro 8600 Network Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Officejet Pro 8600 Network Printer: I have one HP Laptop Computer, one HP Desktop Computer and one HP Officejet Pro Network Printer. Desktop Computer prints fine on wired. Laptop will not print on wireless. Any suggestions. Has worked in the past....
  9. HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline

in Windows 10 Support
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline: additionally second 250 sheet input-plate for aggregate of 500 sheet limit paper sizes bolstered: Letter; Legal; Government Legal; Executive; Statement; 3×5 in; 4×6 in; 5×7 in; 13×18 cm; 8×10 in; 10×15 cm; L; Photo 2L; Envelope( #10, Monarch, 5.5bar); Card (3×5 in, 4×6 in,...
  10. HP 6830 printer not printing colors

HP 6830 printer not printing colors: Why is my HP 6830 printer not printing colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-6830-printer-not-printing-colors/05dda613-c4d3-456e-a5cb-a5dc66f71ff0