Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone else experienced this? I'm afraid to turn my PC off or restart it. Is there a way to stabilize the system so this doesn't happen again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertPronk, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm afraid to turn my PC off or restart it. Is there a way to stabilize the system so this doesn't happen again? Thanks

:)

RobertPronk, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• Which web browser are you using? Is it Internet Explorer or Edge?
    To import favorites from folder to Microsoft Edge follow the steps below.

Step 1: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

To import favorites from folder to Internet Explorer refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...

Favorites bar in Windows 10

Hi Edwin,

There is a possibility that the issue is due to recent changes on your computer. To properly assist you with accessing the favorites bar, kindly verify the following:

• Are you referring to the favorites bar on the Internet browser?
    • What Internet browser are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...

1. Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,... - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. What's your favorite web browser?

in Browsers and Email
    What's your favorite web browser?: What's your favorite web browser to use? My favorite web browser to use is Firefox ESR 181791
  3. window update erased all of my passwords in browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    window update erased all of my passwords in browsers: any solution to get my passwords back? I'm the only person who knows how to use PC in a 9-people family so I saved a lot of passwords which I can't remember for everyone. please help. thanks in advance submitted by /u/duyduongnguyen2610 [link] [comments]...
  4. Google is my favorite browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google is my favorite browser . . .: I was having, some problems. With my, Google browser. So I thought, I would just, uninstall it. And, reinstall it. But, when I go. To the control panel/uninstall. It says to. Close,the program, first. So, I went to start up. And turn Google Chrome, to off. I then...
  5. Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update keeps erasing my files, and any browser history: For the past 4-5 months ever since some major windows 10 update, windows keeps erasing my files and any browser history (Chrome, Edge, firefox) What is being done about this? I had no choice but to update and now without warning, I'll log on and after a minute or so, it will...
  6. web browser update

web browser update: Good evening, I am trying to update my web browser so that I can log into our son's iready account. Can someone please advise how to update my browser. I entered a new flash disk with more space but the system is not recognizing the D drive. Please advise...
  7. my passwords and favorites get erased almost every time laptop restarts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my passwords and favorites get erased almost every time laptop restarts: Can you tell me why my passwords and favorites get erased almost every time laptop needs to restart? The"welcome to Microsoft edge" screen comes up and the favorites and passwords are gone. This used to not happen. Thank you...
  8. my windows 10 web browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my windows 10 web browser: how eliminate yahoo that supersedes chrome as my windows 10 web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-web-browser/0af1614a-b001-4599-9ac6-c061f1ae0c7f
  9. Hidden Favorites from Windows 8.1?

Hidden Favorites from Windows 8.1?: Quite a long time ago I updated my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. In that transfer I seem to have lost my Favorites. I have since accidently accessed those by mistake. I would like to find those again and transfer them to my current Favorites in Windows 10.. Can...
  10. My browsers are hidden

in Browsers and Email
    My browsers are hidden: I'm not sure if this is even a Windows 10 problem. I've had this issue for a while, and I used to have to restart (or wait) to get it to resolve. When I try to open either IE or Chrome, the icons appear at the bottom of the screen and if I left-click it a small browser...