Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to switch back to NOT running as an Administrator. As the update was completing, it gave me the option to log-in as an Administrator or not. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hal Levine, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...

I want to switch back to NOT running as an Administrator. As the update was completing, it gave me the option to log-in as an Administrator or not. I did not realize the ramifications of switching over to running as an Administrator.

I liked having to enter my 4-digit password when I went to boot-up my laptop. As an Administrator, it now boots directly to my Desktop.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Hal Levine, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator... Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator...

1. Recent Windows 10 Update - I Chose to Run as Administrator... - Similar Threads - Recent Update Chose

2. Windows 10 crashes after run windows updates. I installed Malwarebytes recently .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after run windows updates. I installed Malwarebytes recently .: Hi,Windows 10 booting and can log in to my account, but nothing else can do. Only showing taskbar Search icon and time and it's keep refreshing every second.None on keyboard shortcut keys working.I tried, Startup repair, sfc/scannow,uninstall latest updates, but still no...
  3. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  4. I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    I Want to Run Everything in Windows 10 as Administrator: I want to run everything in Windows 10 as administrator, so that the blue-and-yellow shield icons will be removed. 175459
  5. Windows 10 workstation running slow after recent update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 workstation running slow after recent update.: Hello Most of my Windows 10 workstation are running very slow after recent updates from Microsoft. Increasing the memory doesn't seem to solve the issue. Will be grateful if you can assist...
  6. Windows 10 app run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 app run as administrator: basically, there is an app (arc games) that needs admin access to run the game every time it starts. it isn't a big problem for me but when my brother uses my PC, it always needs my password to run. is there a way to only allow my brother to be an administrative over that...
  7. Run as administrator not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Run as administrator not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to use the Run as administrator context menu option in Windows 10 but find that it is not working or opening the program with administrator privilege, then you may need to carry out a few things. [...] This post Run as administrator not...
  8. run windows 10 as an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    run windows 10 as an administrator: how do I run windows 10 as an administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/run-windows-10-as-an-administrator/16edec70-31d0-49cf-a35d-e121a55b0303
  9. Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10: Having scoured all articles on reinstating myself an an administrator on my laptop (I WAS the administrator before I made myself a Standard User), I have reached a dead-end. Would Enabling the Built-in "Administrator' allow me to create a new account in my name as a new...
  10. Run as Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as Administrator in Windows 10: How to: Run as Administrator in Windows 10 How to Run an App as Administrator in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For example, when a program that you...