Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After allowing Microsoft to install update for Windows 10, my laptop will no longer recognize my E: drive and a "?" shows up after the drive name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sherry D. Anderson, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive

After allowing Microsoft to install update for Windows 10, my laptop will no longer recognize my E: drive and a "?" shows up after the drive name. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

:)

Sherry D. Anderson, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Sep 21, 2018
  3. CD/DVD, E drive, & F drive not recognized after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10.

After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 my CD/DVD Rom drive, E: Drive and F: Drive no longer are detected in Device Manager, even after selecting show hidden items. When I select "troubleshooting" my computer says everything is working properly. The
    above drives are listed in the Bios, but are not recognized in Device Manager.

Any suggestions on how to get my computer working again?

LarryHopper, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive

USB Drive no longer recognized by Windows 10 since last update

Hi Cathie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to backup Quicken files on the USB flash drive after the latest update.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Which was the latest update had been installed on your device?
    • Is the flash drive detected on your operating system?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed while trying to resolve this issue?
    • Is the flash drive being detected on any other device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to connect the flash drive to different USB ports and check if it is detected.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive

1. Recent Windows 10 update installed; no longer recognizes e: drive - Similar Threads - Recent update installed

2. M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update: I updated and shutdown my PC last night and now today my 2 NVME drives do not appear in windows. my boot Sata ssd is still fine. Both of the Drives still appear in my Bios in the M.2 section, so I do not think they both died at the same time. they do not appear in the disk...
  3. Windows 10 install no longer recognizes my network adapter??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 install no longer recognizes my network adapter??: Awhile back I installed Ubuntu, I've been using wifi and an ethernet connection perfectly fine. Now I go back to a windows 10 and it doesn't detect a wifi connection or ethernet. I reinstalled Ubuntu for troubleshooting purposes and sure enough internet is working fine...
  4. New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New KB4559309 update no longer recognizes my drives?: After installing this update 3/4 of my drives aren't showing up anymore and aren't being recognized. The only one that works is my boot drive and it's so incredibly slow, I changed nothing in BIOS or settings I just installed the new update. Anyone else having similar...
  5. Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer no longer recognizes hard drives.: Computer froze and i had to do a "hard reboot" and now won't load. Can get to DOS prompt when couldn't do system repair or restore and now system cannot find either hard drive....
  6. Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?: I have a Seagate Backup Plus Slim External Drive that is no longer being recognized in Windows 10,it works fine in Windows 7,8 and on other computers/devices but ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro I have been having this issue and it is still not...
  7. External Drive No Longer Being Recognized

External Drive No Longer Being Recognized: I have been using an external drive with my computer for a while now, but lately my computer has been having difficulty recognizing that it is plugged in. I know for a fact that power is being given to the external drive because it lights up and I can feel it running....
  8. No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive: Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the...
  9. DVD drives will no longer recognize discs after the latest "update"

DVD drives will no longer recognize discs after the latest "update": I have two DVD-RW/CDR drives that will no longer recognize valid discs since the latest Windows 10 update. I upgraded from Win 7 just over a month ago, and they seemed to work fine. The system information shows that they are good drives, but they consistently eject valid...
  10. USB Drive No Longer Recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive No Longer Recognized?: Hey everyone! So, I've been running into a weird situation and I was hoping to run into some clarification on what I could do to fix the problem. I got a 128GB Flash Drive which I proceeded to install a portable, bootable Fedora install on. Of course, naturally, since...