Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update softlocks PC

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update softlocks PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, basically, their is a recent windows 10 update, which is updating my Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributle 11.0.50727. However, it's causing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StormieSkys, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Recent Windows 10 update softlocks PC

So, basically, their is a recent windows 10 update, which is updating my Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributle 11.0.50727. However, it's causing my computer to softlock. You see, when my computer reboots to install the updates, it gets suck while booting back up with what I like to call the "White spinning wheel of death". It's a completely black screen, with a white spinning wheel at the bottom, windows does not progress past this screen. I've had to restore my computer twice now, back to '10/26/2016', and it's getting rather annoying. I don't want to have to do this every time it updates, so, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The only thing that I can think of is that, recently, I made some changes to the registry to forcibly turn off Cortana. Perhaps something from that is conflicting with the update? I don't know.
    Specs:
    Windows 10
    8 gigs of ram
    Core i5-4690K
    R9 280

:)

StormieSkys, Oct 27, 2016

2. Softlock license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed for Autocad 2014 in Windows 10

The Autocad 2014 do not runs anymore in windows 10, and it show me just once the legend: Softlock license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed. After that if I try to start Autocad the program
    shut down it self. How can be fixed it?

ROBERTOHERNANDEZ DORANTES, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Mr

Hi,

I just finished upgrading the OS to win 10, now i just found that my license such MSoffice and Autodesk program has gone, i tried to uninstall the autodesk program and reinstall it back, but somehow it keep softlock, please help me to fix this problem,

Regards,

L4K

IrzelTaroreh, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update softlocks PC

1. Recent Windows 10 update softlocks PC - Similar Threads - Recent update softlocks

2. Windows 11 randomly softlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly softlocking: Hi! So recently my computer has been lagging, and its been "softlocking". All my programs stop to work, but i can still use the taskbar and when im in call on Discord, my camera still works. I dont know what is happening and i need some help....
  3. Windows 11 randomly softlocking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly softlocking: Hi! So recently my computer has been lagging, and its been "softlocking". All my programs stop to work, but i can still use the taskbar and when im in call on Discord, my camera still works. I dont know what is happening and i need some help....
  4. Windows 10 screen softlock glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 screen softlock glitch: Hi there! I recently installed an antivirus called ClamAV to scan an external drive that had a bunch of viruses on it. The first time I scanned it was going great and then I left it overnight to scan. When I came back, the screen was in a glitched state with random white...
  5. computer softlocks? randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer softlocks? randomly: so I've been arguing with this issue for a wile now and I've finally given in after at least 4 months of scouring the internet searching for anyone else having the problem. so randomly my computer will basically half freeze the system clock will stop most applications will...
  6. Windows 10 recent updates freezing my PC

Windows 10 recent updates freezing my PC: I have an HP notebook which I migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 more than a year ago. Now it appears that after a recent update, the PC partially freezes with intermittent graphic noise displaying on the screen with the mouse partially freezing. I tried to re-install a...
  7. Windows 10 recent updates freezes my PC

Windows 10 recent updates freezes my PC: I have an HP notebook which I migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 more than a year ago. Now it appears that after a recent update, the PC partially freezes with intermittent graphic noise displaying on the screen with the mouse partially freezing. I tried to re-install a...
  8. Laptop softlocked

Laptop softlocked: When I was on my laptop my screen which is a Stream x360 crashed and when I turn of my laptop and turned it back up it said BIOS crashed and I clicked enter to start it I waited an hour and nothing happened and it froze and it always brings me back to the black screen but I...
  9. Windows login softlock help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows login softlock help: Hi reddit! After a lot of googling that came up empty I decided to come to here in hopes of someone helping me. I recently restarted my PC for a game to work. But the problem occurred on the windows login screen. My PC has the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login. I pressed the key...
  10. Weird computer softlock and beeping

Weird computer softlock and beeping: OK, so this may take a while to read, sorry! I'm on a HP Pavilion 360 degree Convertible with Intel Core i3, plugged in, in tablet mode (and flipped), and connected via USB to a Logitech M171 Wireless Mouse, if that helps. The computer had just booted up from an update,...