Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am pissed! yesterday(feb 23, 2019) my Win10 Home system began an update on it's own. OK So I let it go. Iwas working on my Win7 system while this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WinTenUser, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

I am pissed!
    yesterday(feb 23, 2019) my Win10 Home system began an update on it's own. OK So I let it go. Iwas working on my Win7 system while this was updating. Some time later I glanced over at it's progress and saw something I had never seen before. It said that the update failed and it was rolling back the changes. I thought to myself, this must be because I did not have internet access at the time. So after it rolled back and restarted into windows I performed a normal shut down and planned to retry in the morning.
    This morning I began the update, this time with internet functional. It seemed to be doing it's thing. 6, 7, 8+ hours later it was still spinning its wheels, supposedly updating. This is wrong. Something must be messed up here.
    Finally I had to shut it down, the not so friendly way.
    Upon restart the computer goes into the bios and then proceeds(I assume) to start windows....but it just shuts down. WHAT!

Yeah, Now what??

:)

WinTenUser, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2019
  3. yountmg Win User
    Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Feb 24, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

1. Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer - Similar Threads - Recent Update trashed

2. My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update: ok so i wanted to update my computer to windows 11 because i have heard it runs better so i did but after i did i tried it with a game but the game ran worse it was like every game was limited to 6 fps and i dont know why!!!! Then i downgraded to windows 10 and nothing...
  3. My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer is now Trash because of Windows 11 Update: ok so i wanted to update my computer to windows 11 because i have heard it runs better so i did but after i did i tried it with a game but the game ran worse it was like every game was limited to 6 fps and i dont know why!!!! Then i downgraded to windows 10 and nothing...
  4. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  5. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  6. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my computer is trashed

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer is trashed: There is no way to fix it, tried going to a earlier build, also installed a preview build on a virtual machine but it updated my HOST!?, It's not fair, now all the files to let me go back to the previousbuild are gone forever....
  8. Windows 10 update TRASHED my desktop computer

Windows 10 update TRASHED my desktop computer: I attempted to update my desktop computer a week ago and it kept failing. I ended up on a blue screen and managed to uninstall the update and recover. I then ran AVG utilities to clean up my Registry, CheckDisk and Defrag. Backed up my documents to my laptop, I made a System...
  9. Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop

Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop: Windows 10 Updates often trash my Desktop Layout. Everything is still there but it is completely re-arranged. This is particularly annoying when I have allowed the desktop to accumulate too much crap but still have all the important, frequently used stuff in discrete, easy to...
  10. Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer: This morning I received the November Windows 10 update. At the point it says it is installing new features and drivers it gives me an error message that Windows encountered a problem. It then reverts me back to my previous version of Windows. When I sign back to my account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The recent Windows Update was trash