Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aleemf, Mar 10, 2020.

1. aleemf Win User

Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these games maxes out my systems GPU, and creates a very "choppy" FPS. How can you fix this?

:)

aleemf, Mar 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 10, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

1. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues - Similar Threads - Recent update version

2. Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10: Hi! I am having issues after updating my Windows 10 version 20H2. Timeframe: I installed the version yesterday. I have 2 issues: 1 It deleted every single file in my computer. While that might have been expected for some, it was not for me. Luckily I had backups...
  3. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  4. Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohnoa00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj2ui6/having_recently_updated_to_windows_10_version/
  5. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  6. Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909: Hi. I'm having an issue with the latest Windows Update. The following update will try to install, and then I get the error message listed below it, and then it will uninstall itself. It has done this virtually every time I turn off my PC for the last few weeks. 2020-2...
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen

Windows 10 version 1909 Cumulative update causes black screen: After a fresh installation of version 1909 everything works as it should. After going to Windows Update and installing the cumulative update for 1909 today my system goes to a black screen and won't respond. I have made 4 attempts to install the update with the same result. I...
  8. Graphics Cards For Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Cards For Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.: I am running windows 10 pro version 1909. OS Build:18363.476, : Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU, 930@2.8 GHz. 64 Bit Processor and Operating System. I had a radeon HD5450. I get a message that it can't run on this system. Does any one know what I should look for as far...
  9. Recent Windows update causing download issues

Recent Windows update causing download issues: I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all...
  10. Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709

Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709: I installed the most recent update for windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4457142 When the update was installed, I was having issues with the Xbox app. I kept receiving an error when trying to connect to a party. This has something to do with "server...