Windows 10: Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.

Discus and support Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, with the recent updates on windows 10 this month, my computer started randomly restarting itself. I kinda confirmed that it's not a hardware issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/make_love_to_potato, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.

Hey, with the recent updates on windows 10 this month, my computer started randomly restarting itself. I kinda confirmed that it's not a hardware issue by booting in safe mode and seeing stable performance. When I look at the update history, I see three updates (one feature update and 2 security updates) and none of them can be uninstalled via safe mode, as when I try to uninstall them, it attempts to run through some process and then finally tells me that it can't be uninstalled.

Does anyone have any luck with getting these updates off their systems if things don't go well? Or is my only option reinstalling windows?

These are the updates in question. https://imgur.com/LsAWIBB

This is my processor (I3 2120), I have a asrock h61m motherboard and a gtx 1060 graphics card. https://imgur.com/YGsckBR

submitted by /u/make_love_to_potato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/make_love_to_potato, Feb 20, 2021

2. Update KB3150513, causing random restarts

HI,

There are different possible reasons as to why you computer is restarting randomly. An update not installed properly could be one of the causes. For us to resolved you concern, kindly answer the question below;

• Were there any error messages before you computer restarts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this article:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    . Just choose the version for your system and follow the steps.

Update us on the results once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off.

1. Recent windows 10 updates caused my system to keep randomly restarting. Can't get them off. - Similar Threads - Recent updates caused

2. Windows 11 Pro random auto-restarts. What causes them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro random auto-restarts. What causes them?: Windows 11 Pro on Ryzen 7 48GB RAMI get often random restart of the computer but I can't figure out what's causing them.Not clue if it's HW or SW.No matter which program I'm using. Even when not any application is opened, it occurs.Can you help me please?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro random auto-restarts. What causes them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro random auto-restarts. What causes them?: Windows 11 Pro on Ryzen 7 48GB RAMI get often random restart of the computer but I can't figure out what's causing them.Not clue if it's HW or SW.No matter which program I'm using. Even when not any application is opened, it occurs.Can you help me please?...
  4. I recently built a PC and my system randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a PC and my system randomly restarts: Bug check code : 0x9F0x3, 0xFFFFA20561ECFD80, 0xFFFF87868ED7F198, 0xFFFFA2056D5B9230Link to the dump files : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ve6lm5arMHE5kc-t2svKpqwvuG_Pf9Lw?usp=sharing...
  5. I recently built a PC and my system randomly restarts

I recently built a PC and my system randomly restarts: Bug check code : 0x9F0x3, 0xFFFFA20561ECFD80, 0xFFFF87868ED7F198, 0xFFFFA2056D5B9230Link to the dump files : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ve6lm5arMHE5kc-t2svKpqwvuG_Pf9Lw?usp=sharing...
  6. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  7. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.: Hello,I came here a while ago to try fix my issue, however the problem still persists. Here's my previous thread if anyone is interested;Hoping to get help,Thanks,Shay...
  8. My Computer keeps randomly turning itself off and restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot: Hi, I recently installed the most up to date patch for windows 10 and I can no longer boot. I have about 16 hours in troubleshooting this. It started with a blue screen Stop Code: 0xc000021a . I tried to restore and it failed. I tried to uninstall the update but was...
  10. Random System Sleep after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random System Sleep after recent Windows 10 update: HI, Any one facing random system reboot after latest windows 10 update? Got update titled April 14, 2020—KB4549951 OS Builds 18362.778 and 18363.778 In system log its showing below error, User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling...