Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dEhiN83, Jun 10, 2020.

1. dEhiN83 Win User

Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of the external HD, do a Windows system image backup, partway through the copying, I get an error. I've run chkdsk /f/x/r on all 3 and while the scan finished, at the very end it reported there was an unexpected error for all 3 drives. I've also tried reformatting the 2 USB flash drives, as well as running the scan and repair option by going to Properties -> Tools -> Error Check in File Explorer but the scan and repair option fails every time I run it on both drives.

In addition, I've been having problems with my internal camera. The laptop is an HP EliteBook 8470p, and during the recent updates, the camera driver was updated. According to Windows Update, the driver update was for "SunplusIT - Camera, Other hardware - HP HD Webcam [Fixed]". After this, whenever I would start up software like Zoom that tried to use the camera, I would get a BSOD with a Stop Code of "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and What failed was "SPUCbv x64.sys".

After looking up the BSOD error and the chkdsk error, I tried uninstalling all the USB devices/controllers listed in device manager and restarted, only to have the same issues happen with the 2 USB flash drives and the camera. It seems to me that the common thread in all this are my USB controllers because I believe even the internal camera uses the USB. The only time I got the camera to work was when I rolled back the driver, but then the next time I restart my computer, the driver updates again.

Any suggestions for what I could do? If 4 devices that all use the USB are having issues, then I don't think it's all 4 devices themselves. Should I just uninstall all USB controllers again? Thanks in advance.

ETA: The update that seemed to cause all these problems was "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004". Perhaps I should try uninstalling this update?

:)

dEhiN83, Jun 10, 2020

2. February Windows 10 Update Causing Loss of USB and Blue Screens!

As posted over at Computer World, the February Windows 10 patch for the fall creators update to version 1709 is causing serious crashes and loss of USB.

When most everyone is using USB ports for their mouse and keyboard, this will render them inoperable.

Best case is to uninstall the Feb update:

stinger608, Jun 13, 2020
  3. L Wad2 Win User
    Recent major update issues

MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now.

1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed previously, but now it is back, and the same steps I used to fix it before does not work. The steps were to delete the driver, let windows install the generic driver, and after a restart,
    roll back the driver to the generic. It does not work as the generic driver appears to be gone.

2) External USB drive dismounts periodically. This is a new issue, I have not had this before.

3) Power plan settings do nothing. I have it set to never sleep or hibernate when on external power, but it sleeps anyway. Very annoying that it will not do what I tell it to do.

Any assistance with these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

L

L Wad2, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Ed_GG Win User

Windows Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard

ATTN:
    Romel Ram

• Have you tried removing the recently installed update and check if the issue persists?
    Yes, I have now removed Major Update KB4040724 and did the following...

- I disconnected the current keyboard…went through Steps 1-6.

- and then plugged a totally different mfg & model USB Keyboard into a different USB port.
    I had used this different keyboard from Aug-2016 until March-2017 in Windows 10… without any issues.

- the desktop made no attempt to download & install a required driver.

- The manufacturer instructions are to simply plug the cord into a USB port, and Windows will install the proper driver...that is not happening.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards - Ed

Ed_GG, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues - Similar Threads - Recent updates causing

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  5. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  6. Janurary 2020 update causing major issues

Janurary 2020 update causing major issues: After an update mid January my display started screwing up. I run a 165hz monitor and I never use to drop a single frame. After the update, when I loaded into a game the frame rates were dropping as low as 20 and for some reason my games resolution also changed to 1080p...
  7. Recent major update issues

Recent major update issues: MS recently did a major update for windows 10 on my Surface pro 6. I dread these, for good reasons. Just when I get it operating decently, MS does a major update and hoses it up. Issues I am having now. 1) Return of the old issue, Micro SD card dismounting. I had this fixed...
  8. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  9. Recent Windows update causing download issues

Recent Windows update causing download issues: I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all...
  10. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service exception usb