Windows 10: recent windows 1903 update

Discus and support recent windows 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A recent update (1903) of Windows 10 caused the security essentials to not load. What's wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2Confusing, Oct 7, 2019.

1. recent windows 1903 update

A recent update (1903) of Windows 10 caused the security essentials to not load. What's wrong?

:)

2Confusing, Oct 7, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 7, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Oct 7, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

recent windows 1903 update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond recent windows 1903 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

recent windows 1903 update

1. recent windows 1903 update - Similar Threads - recent 1903 update

2. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  3. Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness: Hello A recent update check has resulted in Windows 10 telling me I must renew my License key. I believe what has happened is the updater saw my College email as the email to use. This has resulted in an unintentional upgrade to Pro/Enterprise. I bought this machine used, and...
  4. Able to install most recent cumulative update - 1903?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Able to install most recent cumulative update - 1903?: I have an older version of 1903. I believe the last 3 numbers of the build # is 297. Which was updated back in July. I haven't updated due to issues with the August and September update and rolled back to July. I am wanting to try the latest cumulative update that was...
  5. HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 Blue Screen Error: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 Blue Screen Error occurs at the oddest times. Playing Fallout 4, using word, surfing the net to commonly used pages. Update recently updated my new machine from 1803 to 1903 5 days ago with two minor...
  6. I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update: It worked well until today. But when I tried to start it, it became a black screen with nothing and the caps lock key flashed continuously. I don't know what to do, I have some really important things about that. Please help me, I don't want to install Windows again and lose...
  7. Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update: So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before and after the update and the difference in directional audio quality was like night and day. Before the update I was able to...
  8. Very Slow Wifi After Recent Windows 1903 update and cumulative updates

Very Slow Wifi After Recent Windows 1903 update and cumulative updates: I just updated to the 1903 update and the cumulative updates after that. I have an intel ac 3165 wifi card with the latest driver, it came preinstalled in my Dell Inspiron 5570 that is only 1 year old. Before the updates my wifi speed was 200+ mbps, after the updates it is...
  9. Excel problems due to 1903 Windows 10 recent update

Excel problems due to 1903 Windows 10 recent update: I can no longer add a comment to a cell in Excel, unless I use hot keys. The right-click menu has changed, eliminating the option to add a comment. When will it be fixed? What else might be wrong that I just haven't found yet?...
  10. Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor settings change after recent 1903 update: I read a ton of people have had this issue for several years. My issue just happened August 2019. Seems like after an update. On sleep or restart the monitor 2 settings only go to 1600x1280. I tried everything. Here is my stupid work around. 1. Delete display driver and...