Windows 10: Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive

Discus and support Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there,I recently updated through Windows update. Since then I am no longer able to access my Samsung 980 Pro NVMe drive. It is showing in bios, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenLawrence1, May 9, 2021.

1. Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive

Hi there,I recently updated through Windows update. Since then I am no longer able to access my Samsung 980 Pro NVMe drive. It is showing in bios, but not in Windows explorer, disk managment or dskpart through command prompt. I have an Auros pro X570 motherboard with a Ryzen 3800x processor. Windows 10 version 20H2, build 19042.964I have updated motherboard drivers and the bios, as well as ensuring bios settings are ok. This drive was working fine, now it does not appear despite showing in bios which can also confirm through self-diagnosis tests that the device is working fine. I hav

:)

StephenLawrence1, May 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, May 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update - lost drives

Hi Bob,

To help you with your concern with missing drives, we suggest that you check for the drive in
    Disk Management and see if it appears there. You can follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key, type diskmgmt.msc, and then click
      OK.
    • See if the drive F: appears and if it appears as allocated.

For the printer, we recommend troubleshooting the devices and drivers in
    Device Manager
    . You can refer to this
    link
    for steps.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 9, 2021
  4. Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive

External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive

1. Recent Windows Update appears to have stopped Disk Management from seeing my NVMe drive - Similar Threads - Recent Update appears

2. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  3. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  4. I have recently updated windows and now my disk drive is not migrating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have recently updated windows and now my disk drive is not migrating.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  5. I have recently updated windows and now my disk drive is not migrating.

I have recently updated windows and now my disk drive is not migrating.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  6. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  7. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared: I have 2 SSDs C: and D: installed on one of my pcs. Now an extra drive has appeared called SYSTEME:.I get an error message saying I cannot access them, because I do not have permission, and I should use the permissions tab.When I click on properties for the drive, there is no...
  8. Extra Disk Drives Have Appeared

9. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive: This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some advice!So, I built my 1st PC in Feb 2020 in order to start out experimenting with VR dev. I was/am a beginner in both...
  10. recent updates have stopped printer from working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent updates have stopped printer from working: I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues. I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers, maintenance etc, nothing. Searched online and see it was an update issue. Thing is, I updated to v. 2004 in part of my effort...