Windows 10: Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

Discus and support Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As part of the installer, we are creating postgresql database using psql by calling from a batch file. After recent windows update/defender/malicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sriman Narayanan S, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

As part of the installer, we are creating postgresql database using psql by calling from a batch file. After recent windows update/defender/malicious software removal updates [ not able to find the exact kb article] the database creation part fails. tried with both windows 10 & 11. still the installtion is getting failscontent of bat file :set AppDir=%~dp0 if %AppDir:~-1%==\ set AppBinPath=%AppDir:~0,-1% @rem set Parent path for %%? in "%~dp0.." do set TOPDIR=%%~f? set CALog="%temp%\InstallConfig.log" @Echo ================================================= >> %CALog% @Echo Databa

:)

Sriman Narayanan S, Nov 22, 2022

2. Bat file with multiple Calls ends prematurely

I have a bat file, 4.bat that Calls three other bat files in succession

Call bat1

Call bat2

Call bat3

When I launch 4.bat the first Call executes successfully and 4.bat stops executing. Looks like control is not transferred back to 4.bat after the first Call is executed. The three bat files are similar. Below is the code for the bat1

C:

CD "C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\MAS90\Home\"

"C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\MAS90\Home\pvxwin32.exe" -hd ../launcher/sota.ini *Client -ARG "server" "1234" "Production Register Update" -ARG= DIRECT UION user pword TES VIWI1B DISPLAY

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

LeonGewolb, Nov 22, 2022
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 22, 2022
  4. Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

eidairaman1, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

1. Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer - Similar Threads - Recent update block

2. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  3. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  4. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  5. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  6. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

7. Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer: As part of the installer, we are creating postgresql database using psql by calling from a batch file. After recent windows update/defender/malicious software removal updates [ not able to find the exact kb article] the database creation part fails. tried with both windows 10...
  8. Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recent windows update block part of psql execution from bat file when called by installer: As part of the installer, we are creating postgresql database using psql by calling from a batch file. After recent windows update/defender/malicious software removal updates [ not able to find the exact kb article] the database creation part fails. tried with both windows 10...
  9. .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?: I want to run a .bat file that will allocate more ram to my Minecraft server. I receive the following message. Please ask questions :D [ATTACH] [ATTACH] .bat Dateien lassen sich nicht ausführen (Windows 10)?
  10. Executing a .bat file on CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a .bat file on CMD: Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up: Setting up environment for Qt usage... It happened a time and when we wanted to...