Windows 10: Recent Windows update causing download issues

Discus and support Recent Windows update causing download issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gartis, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Gartis Win User

Recent Windows update causing download issues

I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all other apps start working again and all reconnect to the internet, this has never happened in the past and only Seam downloading causes this issue. Help would be appreciated.

:)

Gartis, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 14, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent Windows update causing download issues - Similar Threads - Recent update causing

2. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  3. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  4. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent Windows Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows Update Issue: I performed an update to Windows on Friday, and my computer has not been able to connect to my VPN to access my program licenses for school.! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-update-issue/53841de3-14b3-4613-8ec5-92f559df3b43
  6. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  7. Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?: Original post on the Microsoft support site (I did not receive any useful replies): "Hello, just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19042.685 about an hour ago. My laptop now has a blinking orange light on the battery indicator, indicating...
  8. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  9. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues: Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these games maxes out my systems GPU, and creates a very "choppy" FPS. How can you fix this?...
  10. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...