Windows 10: Recent Windows update causing videos to not play

Discus and support Recent Windows update causing videos to not play in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had a windows update and after it videos would not play. The audio plays but the video is just a blank green screen or sometimes the video won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TommyB_xd, Oct 31, 2018.

1. TommyB_xd Win User

Recent Windows update causing videos to not play

So I had a windows update and after it videos would not play. The audio plays but the video is just a blank green screen or sometimes the video won't play at all

:)

TommyB_xd, Oct 31, 2018

2. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 31, 2018
  3. VIDEOS WILL NOT PLAY!

What kind of video card do you have? Do videos play in any other players?

If not, then it's your video driver that needs to be updated. Normally, if its only online videos that don't play it would be the Flash player, etc missing. With having the latest stable flash and shockwave players installed and the latest codecs, they should
    play fine after restarting the laptop after the installations.

YouTube, Netflix, and virtually any video files play fine on my Win 10 Pro.

Please confirm that you have Flash Player, Shockwave Player and the K-Lite Mega Codec pack installed.

Just for another suggestion, try installing Iobit Driver Booster. See if your video driver has an update.

Also, if you just recently updated the video driver and it worked previously but not now, you need to roll back the driver. To do that with Win10, type in Device Manager in, the Cortana search box next to the Start button, click on it to run, click on Display
    Adapters and you will see what kind of video card you have. You can right click on that, Click Properties and check the date of the latest driver installation. If it's very recent, select Roll Back Driver and once done, Restart and try to play your videos
    again.

I know this seems like multiple steps but, these are definite troubleshooting steps. It's much faster to either update or roll back a driver rather than the full OS.

DarynBogart, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Recent Windows update causing videos to not play

video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Recent Windows update causing videos to not play

1. Recent Windows update causing videos to not play - Similar Threads - Recent update causing

2. Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos: One day I updated Razer Synapse, and now youtube won't play. I have tried resetting all audio settings, reinstalling all my drivers and razer synapse, but nothing has worked. However, if I have razer synapse uninstalled youtube works fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer Synapse causes youtube to not play videos: One day I updated Razer Synapse, and now youtube won't play. I have tried resetting all audio settings, reinstalling all my drivers and razer synapse, but nothing has worked. However, if I have razer synapse uninstalled youtube works fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  5. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  6. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Most recent Windows update is causing issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most recent Windows update is causing issues!: Since the most recent Windows update I am experiencing a couple issues: 1. Each and every time I boot up my computer, once it gets to the desktop, Windows Security prompts me to verify it's me. [ATTACH] 2. None of my browser/site passwords and logins are being saved any...
  8. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  9. Recent Windows update causing download issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update causing download issues: I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all...
  10. Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not starting, videos not playing, cause not known: Hello, i have a ''unique'' problem that i have recently ran into, it started yesterday and happened again today. So i was playing Overwatch and after shutting it down and starting up Chrome, i soon noticed i couldnt play any videos, nor was there any sound coming out of any...