Windows 10: Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

Discus and support Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had windows update my laptop and now every time it does a new update it resets pretty much everything. From my desktop to files to settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BubbleGumGal45, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

I recently had windows update my laptop and now every time it does a new update it resets pretty much everything. From my desktop to files to settings to erasing photos. I don't understand why because windows updates have never down this before.

:)

BubbleGumGal45, Mar 12, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 12, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

Recent File List

for the tweakers out there, In programs like Paint and Flash Stand Alone- is there a command that can be implemented into the registry to stop Recent File List History from displaying on the File Menu of such programs. Like a String, Key Etc? I like to keep my rig from prying eyes. I am using windows 7 pro 64bit.

eidairaman1, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

1. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files. - Similar Threads - Recent update keeps

2. After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting: I always have my folder view set to a specific preference, in terms of order, icon/list view/size, with absolutely no grouping honestly I just find that grouping thing annoying. However, ever since a recent update, every single folder has reset to plain list view, ordered by...
  3. After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the recent update, my folder view settings keep resetting: I always have my folder view set to a specific preference, in terms of order, icon/list view/size, with absolutely no grouping honestly I just find that grouping thing annoying. However, ever since a recent update, every single folder has reset to plain list view, ordered by...
  4. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  5. Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps deleting desktop files upon reset: Hi All,Thanks in advance for reading this and for any offered advice!My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. It overheated repeatedly in my laptop bag, turned off, and deleted my desktop files. I was able to recover older versions of these missing desktop files...
  6. After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting: So last night I updated and shutdown my laptop, Then, the next day when I turned my laptop on, I noticed that my desktop is different, such as the background, icons, and so I did a lot of personalizing to make it look as it usually is and after I'm done playing some games I...
  7. Windows Update deleted files and reset desktop

Windows Update deleted files and reset desktop: I have been fighting this issue for a week now. I have tried all of the things suggested in the forum and still have nothing. I have learned a few additional details during this process. I ran a couple of different recovery programs and apparently the remnants of my files...
  8. Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files

Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files: I was hit by the windows 10 update issue that deleted all of my files and settings. I have already uninstalled the updates and tried doing a re-start multiple times to no avail. I can see where the system created another user account and even tried creating a new user and...
  9. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update: A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”. After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed...
  10. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...