Windows 10: Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

Discus and support Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. I just updated whatever Windows was asking me to update and upon rebooting when I try to search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonightwetaco, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

Thank you for taking a look at my thread..

I just updated whatever Windows was asking me to update and upon rebooting when I try to search for "update" to get to Windows Update or when I search "device" to get to Device Manager, nothing populates and I see 0 results. I am getting 0 results when I type anything, even app names I know to be installed. Thanks!

any thoughts?

:)

tonightwetaco, Aug 31, 2019
  2. vrashkov Win User

5800 recent calls wont show up

hi guys, out of a sudden my recent call logs wont show up when i press the green button. it was showing "retrieving list" , and nothing happens. now the functions is as it never existed - the logs screen wont even come up at all anymore.restarting , removing
    memory card, removing battery - none of those worked out. im running the latest fw. any other suggestions except hard reset? thanks!

vrashkov, Aug 31, 2019
  3. search field

Hi Larry,

You can always search for your files with the use of Cortana search box.

If its not visible on your desktop, refer to the steps below to make it available again.

1. Right-click on your taskbar and choose Cortana.

2. Select Show search box.

If you are referring to a search box that's designed to look for Word files only, we suggest you submit this as your entry at
    Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate as this matter is already advisable to be listed on our Feedback forum.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will take the necessary action to improve Windows features as we always value our customer's needs.

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 31, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

1. Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything - Similar Threads - Recent Update search

2. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  3. Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.: Hello people. My first post, so I'm sorry if you make any gaffes, ok? Well, I have a very large video collection. I want to classify them by total video time, or length, as it is in Windows. It turns out that the options that Windows offers is not satisfactory. I...
  4. On search box is not show anything. How to fix it?

in Cortana
    On search box is not show anything. How to fix it?: Video file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-search-box-is-not-show-anything-how-to-fix-it/e7fd932e-681d-4275-9fa6-4ab65aa4da2d"
  5. I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything: So i was basically trying to install a program, but after trying a few different things i made the mistake of resetting EVERY windows service. Now my comupter wont connect to the internet, cortana, and i tried to press the “get help” button but whem i do nothing happens (im...
  6. My taskbar search is not showing anything

in Cortana
    My taskbar search is not showing anything: my task bar search is not showing anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-search-is-not-showing-anything/335218bc-f39c-4301-a931-f3947973a16b"
  7. Windows Search is not displaying anything....

in Cortana
    Windows Search is not displaying anything....: Recently, Windows Search is not working properly. If I type something it doesn't display any results. Instead, it's displaying a black border around it. SEE BELOW. [ATTACH] Please help me with this problem.........
  8. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...
  9. missing search field and snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    missing search field and snipping tool: Yesterday I turned on my laptop and in my lower taskbar my snipping tool and the shortcut for Microsot Edge was missing. I clicked on the windows icon in the lower left corner and found edge but no snipping tool. I can't search for it because the search field is also missing....
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...