Windows 10: Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

Discus and support Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. I just updated whatever Windows was asking me to update and upon rebooting when I try to search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonightwetaco, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

Thank you for taking a look at my thread..

I just updated whatever Windows was asking me to update and upon rebooting when I try to search for "update" to get to Windows Update or when I search "device" to get to Device Manager, nothing populates and I see 0 results. I am getting 0 results when I type anything, even app names I know to be installed. Thanks!

any thoughts?

:)

tonightwetaco, Aug 31, 2019
  2. vrashkov Win User

5800 recent calls wont show up

hi guys, out of a sudden my recent call logs wont show up when i press the green button. it was showing "retrieving list" , and nothing happens. now the functions is as it never existed - the logs screen wont even come up at all anymore.restarting , removing
    memory card, removing battery - none of those worked out. im running the latest fw. any other suggestions except hard reset? thanks!

vrashkov, Aug 31, 2019
  3. search field

Hi Larry,

You can always search for your files with the use of Cortana search box.

If its not visible on your desktop, refer to the steps below to make it available again.

1. Right-click on your taskbar and choose Cortana.

2. Select Show search box.

If you are referring to a search box that's designed to look for Word files only, we suggest you submit this as your entry at
    Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate as this matter is already advisable to be listed on our Feedback forum.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will take the necessary action to improve Windows features as we always value our customer's needs.

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 31, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything

1. Recent Windows Update now the search field wont show anything - Similar Threads - Recent Update search

2. My Display Wont Show Anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Display Wont Show Anything!: I was updating my desktop when the AC Adapter Power Cord fell out of the computer. I plugged everything back in and booted it back up, everything worked except for my displays. It is as if my computer is not turned on or my monitors aren't plugged into the computer. I already...
  3. My Display Wont Show Anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Display Wont Show Anything!: I was updating my desktop when the AC Adapter Power Cord fell out of the computer. I plugged everything back in and booted it back up, everything worked except for my displays. It is as if my computer is not turned on or my monitors aren't plugged into the computer. I already...
  4. My Display Wont Show Anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows search only shows recent apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search only shows recent apps: [ATTACH] Hello good community. Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only recent apps. I am trying to find which setting I have changed. I can still search for both apps and files in there but it...
  6. Webpage search field

Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  7. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  8. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  9. Windows search not showing anything. Please help

Windows search not showing anything. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hesommernes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f600ww/windows_search_not_showing_anything_please_help/
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...