Windows 10: recent windows update Oct 2019

Discus and support recent windows update Oct 2019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently saw an update for windows10 and I did it and it installed but now i dont want it. It screwed up my mp4s which will not play in color. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephCremona, Oct 10, 2019.

1. recent windows update Oct 2019

I recently saw an update for windows10 and I did it and it installed but now i dont want it. It screwed up my mp4s which will not play in color. I am very novice at this and I wish I could fix the whole thing back the way it was. i have been trying everything and cant get my settings all back to what they were before microsoft screwed it up with this update. Why can't they fix things first and try it out themselves before notifying you there is a windows update.

I have been into every setting everywhere and find a fix. Everything is changed on me. I can't even get my background color back to the windows default of white. Is there a possible reinstall windows 10 on microsoft website for me to recover windows10 with no costs? I am certainly willing to down load it again if that will fix this update that they had no business sending out until they fixed it first. The only place my videos (mp4s) "will not play in color" are ones I have saved on my computer. I've been racking my brains out now for 3 days (no BS no exaggerating!) because I am so novice at this computer stuff even after years on it. If you or anyone reading this can help please please please stop me from banging my head against the wall. You can even respond if you like to me at: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** THANK YOU!

:)

JosephCremona, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Oct 10, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

recent windows update Oct 2019

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

recent windows update Oct 2019

1. recent windows update Oct 2019 - Similar Threads - recent update Oct

2. Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020: I have seen an annoying change in my computer's behavior since a recent Windows update. I have a small work space and have a large monitor sitting on my closed laptop. Before this change I could get my computer to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting Enter on the wireless...
  3. WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome: I am running Alienware, Win10 and after the last update, I can not use Google chrome anymore. What is happening? This is the Oct. 2019 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-oct-2019-stopped-google-chrome/28fa68fa-db34-4860-bf1f-7f08287dbf77
  4. Windows 10 update on 18 Oct 2019 legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update on 18 Oct 2019 legit?: I got a notice while on a PC this morning stating that windows need to update. the screens look fine and are exactly how it’s updated in the past however this is taking two hours or longer. Is this legitimate?...
  5. Windows Audio Service Won't Start After Oct., 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service Won't Start After Oct., 2019 Update: Last night (Oct. 16) I installed a Windows 10 update on my Lenovo T450S. Now the sound isn't working. I ran the trouble-shooting tool and got a message saying that Windows Audio Service has stopped. I rebooted my computer and briefly had sound but now have none again. I tried...
  6. Recent Windows 10 update (Oct. 2019) wiped my mom's computer

Recent Windows 10 update (Oct. 2019) wiped my mom's computer: My mom explained this to me in a somewhat confused rant so I'll do my best to relay her situation: on Saturday (Oct. 5) my mom turned off her laptop to find that, when she turned it on, her computer seemed to be factory reset (or something similar), showing none of her...
  7. Windows Update not working (OS Build 18362.356) Oct 10 2019

Windows Update not working (OS Build 18362.356) Oct 10 2019: I'm currently on 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), updated from 1803 on ‎Sep 14 2019. On that date, I also successfully installed 2 updates: “Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: September 10, 2019 (KB4516155)” and “2019-KB4514359 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and...
  8. USB ports not working after Oct 4th, 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working after Oct 4th, 2019 update: Hi y'all this is Jim from down South, though I'm not from here. I've spent all day trying to gt my USB ports to recognize that there was something plugged into them, a mouse, keyboard, any thing, after the automatic update that happened on the 4th of October, 2019. I did All...
  9. 2019-09 Cumulative Update KB4524147 Oct 3,19

2019-09 Cumulative Update KB4524147 Oct 3,19: 2019-09 Cumulative Update KB4524147 installed today. Now the "Copy to My Calendar" function will not work in Outlook in Office 365. I use this function on a daily basis. What gives with this Update ? Haven't found yet any other Outlook functionality that is not working. (I'm...
  10. Oct 3rd 2019 Update Rollout Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oct 3rd 2019 Update Rollout Issues: I had the printer issues I saw mentioned immediately, but I also have display issues with my excel spreadsheets. Is anyone else having formatting issues of this type?...