Windows 10: Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition

Discus and support Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, A few days ago, Microsoft Windows 10 forced me to upgrade my HP Spectre 360x laptop to the newest version of Windows 10. Since then, the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GeoffOakley, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition

Hi Everyone,

A few days ago, Microsoft Windows 10 forced me to upgrade my HP Spectre 360x laptop to the newest version of Windows 10. Since then, the Windows Hello facial recognition feature is no longer working at all as a way to sign-in. Only PIN verification is now allowed. The last time this happened, the only option I had was to reinstall the entire operating system all over again, which I would prefer not to do again, as it's a real pain and time-waster.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I seem to have this problem just about every time Microsoft Windows 10 forces me to do an update. Surely there must be an easier fix than having to reinstall the O/S every time there's an update? (I would hope).

Thanks for any help or input.

Best Regards,

Geoff

:)

GeoffOakley, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 30, 2019
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition

1. Recent Windows Update prevents Windows Hello from using Facial Recognition - Similar Threads - Recent Update prevents

2. windows hello sign in facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello sign in facial recognition: I am not able to set up my facial recognition in my hp laptop and I am trying from several of days to start it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-facial-recognition/dc69515a-880a-4bea-9363-5e5bf65f3da1
  3. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  4. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  5. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  6. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  7. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  8. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  9. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: So i just bought a new HP Omen laptop and the only thing not working is the windows hello facial recognition, it seems to be an issue with windows 11 as the camera works fine, I talked to HP support and they informed me that it was not the device as its the same compatible...
  10. Windows Hello Facial Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition: Its been 5 months since I bought my pc. I always update it when updates are available but Windows Hello Face is always unavailable. Can this issue be solved??...