Windows 10: Recent Windows X Changes

Discus and support Recent Windows X Changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an older notebook laptop that I don’t use everyday, but it was set up just the way I wanted it. The windows 10 upgrade cleaned up a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobbySchwartz, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Recent Windows X Changes

I have an older notebook laptop that I don’t use everyday, but it was set up just the way I wanted it. The windows 10 upgrade cleaned up a lot of problems that windows 7 was having. Then a recent upgrade came along. I fired up my pc and let the updates do their thing.

The new Windows 10 has left me very frustrated and disappointed.

My files were moved and my desktop was replaced all without my consent.

There does not seem to be any option to roll back.

Twice I put my desktop back together as best I could, but each time I rebooted, it all went away.

I feel that I have lost control of my PC and the files on it.

So, I backed everything up and replaced my OS with Fedora.

Let me know when you fix this. Until then, good day to you Microsoft.

P.S.

Drop-downs below ask for more information.

Unfortunately more than one topic in the pull down list apply.

I chose desktop,start and personalization, but files, folders and storage also applies.

Again, good day to you Microsoft! We are done here.

:)

BobbySchwartz, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Nov 24, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent Windows X Changes

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Recent Windows X Changes

1. Recent Windows X Changes - Similar Threads - Recent Changes

2. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...: The troubleshooter isnt helping and just says buy a copy from the store but I had windows running fine before changing hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-changed-my-cpu-and-motherboard-and-ever/630609e9-be60-46b6-a14e-c3698c97d475
  3. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...: The troubleshooter isnt helping and just says buy a copy from the store but I had windows running fine before changing hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-changed-my-cpu-and-motherboard-and-ever/630609e9-be60-46b6-a14e-c3698c97d475
  4. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming...: I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming up as a recent change rather than something that I have actually changed. Could this be a uefi virus or bootkit virus? I have done ESET, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender...
  6. I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming...

I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming...: I was going through my recent changes in bios when I noticed a string of characters coming up as a recent change rather than something that I have actually changed. Could this be a uefi virus or bootkit virus? I have done ESET, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender...
  7. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  8. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  9. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...
  10. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...