Windows 10: Recent Windows10 Update KB504476 causing CPU fan running at maximum speed

Discus and support Recent Windows10 Update KB504476 causing CPU fan running at maximum speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been experiencing CPU fan running at maximum speed after my recent Windows 10 Update. Please advise what can be done to resolve this as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MeeCc, Jun 21, 2021.

1. MeeCc Win User

Recent Windows10 Update KB504476 causing CPU fan running at maximum speed

Hi there, I've been experiencing CPU fan running at maximum speed after my recent Windows 10 Update. Please advise what can be done to resolve this as this is affecting my work and it seems impossible to get rid of the problem. Thanks.

:)

MeeCc, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jun 21, 2021
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 21, 2021
  4. PRMan Win User

CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

Also, there's now a handy Startup tab in Task Manager, so you can stop apps from running at startup.

Another potential solution to your fan problem is to stop acting as a P2P server for the rest of the world's Windows 10 installations:

1. Search for “Check for updates” in the Start menu.
    2. Under “Windows Update” choose “Advanced options.”
    3. Under “Choose how updates are installed” click “Choose how updates are delivered.”
    4. Disable the toggle under “Updated from more than one place.”

PRMan, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Recent Windows10 Update KB504476 causing CPU fan running at maximum speed - Similar Threads - Recent Windows10 Update

2. My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...: So since a short while my laptop's dell latitude 3310 windows 11 with intel core i5 CPU fan has been spinning quite fast whenever I start it up, When I check task manager it doesn't seem to detect why it is spinning so fast and just blames my task manager for using like 66%...
  3. My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, but...: So since a short while my laptop's dell latitude 3310 windows 11 with intel core i5 CPU fan has been spinning quite fast whenever I start it up, When I check task manager it doesn't seem to detect why it is spinning so fast and just blames my task manager for using like 66%...
  4. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  5. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  6. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. All my PC fans are running maximum speed

All my PC fans are running maximum speed: Hey,I recently tried to copy my HDD data to my SSD. After, I rebooted my PC. The PC screen didn't come on and the fans started going max speed. I need assistance to help resolve the issue....
  8. All my PC fans are running maximum speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All my PC fans are running maximum speed: Hey,I recently tried to copy my HDD data to my SSD. After, I rebooted my PC. The PC screen didn't come on and the fans started going max speed. I need assistance to help resolve the issue....
  9. All my PC fans are running maximum speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU fan running at full speed in Windows 10: Hello, everyone. I have posted this in other forums, too, in the hopes of getting some ideas. I recently installed Windows 10 on a desktop computer and everything went as smoothly as it could have, with no problems at all. So, motivated by how well everything went with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why w10 fan is running