Windows 10: Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

Discus and support Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I connected my soundbar to my PC via HDMI. However, the soundbar isn't even detected. The output device is still "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrMcKittens, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

I connected my soundbar to my PC via HDMI. However, the soundbar isn't even detected. The output device is still "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio). For reference, I am running a Ryzen 7 4700G with integrated graphics.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get sound onto my soundbar?

submitted by /u/DrMcKittens
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrMcKittens, Feb 25, 2021

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

1. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound) - Similar Threads - Recently Built Detecting

2. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  3. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  4. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  5. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  6. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10: I am unable to hear audio as it shows no audio output detected and I tried with every available speaker like headphone,tv ,smart speaker it always show no audio output detected I EVEN UPDATED THE DRIVER ALSO REINSTALLED THEM AND STILL NT HELPFUL I don't have Bluetooth in...
  8. Microphone detected but no output of sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  9. Pc detect only HDMI sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc detect only HDMI sound: Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t change the sound from hdmi monitor to my headsets or speaker cuz the windows day that they are not plugged in.After 1-2 hours with...
  10. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's: #1 Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2) I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing. Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled...