Windows 10: Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...

Discus and support Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the title implies, i recently changed computers (my motherboard stopped working). I still have the original HD and hardware. When i tried to migrate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LuigiBos, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LuigiBos Win User

Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...

As the title implies, i recently changed computers (my motherboard stopped working). I still have the original HD and hardware. When i tried to migrate the OS to the new computer using the Mini Partition Tool app all went well until i restarted my computer. I have tried the troubleshooter but all i get is that windows is unable to activate windows (see attachment not in order). I really don't want to buy another key since i should have 1 or 2 linked with my account...

PS: I currently have no way to get my old setup working again.

Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... 5ecdbfc2-6912-4b02-9b29-99b81360a71b?upload=true.png Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... 0c73f265-0865-4a3f-86ca-cb5ad82fabf3?upload=true.png Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... bfe5060b-b9ea-4fd0-848c-a9b589253cac?upload=true.png Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... 4286ffbd-e599-4ec0-9721-551b0b9bdef7?upload=true.png

:)

LuigiBos, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Maban Win User
    windows 8 activation key

You can use a Windows key as many time as you want provided it's only on one computer at a time. If the automated activation fails, just call the number it provides. Six minutes later, you're activated again. If it asks you how many computers it's on, just say "one" and you're golden.

Maban, Jan 24, 2019
  4. EviLZeD Win User

Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...

activate windows 7 oem key

Ive installed windows 7 using retail disk but with an oem key it worked fine you can always change the key from right clicking my computer-properties then selecting change product key

EviLZeD, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to... - Similar Threads - Recently changed computers

2. I updated windows and now my computer has no activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated windows and now my computer has no activation key: I left my computer for the weekend and when I got back my windows kept telling me my key was about to expire I looked up a fix and a forum post said typing slmgr /upk fixed it for them i ran it in the terminal my pc then said your key has been unlinked and then it crashed now...
  3. I updated windows and now my computer has no activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I updated windows and now my computer has no activation key: I left my computer for the weekend and when I got back my windows kept telling me my key was about to expire I looked up a fix and a forum post said typing slmgr /upk fixed it for them i ran it in the terminal my pc then said your key has been unlinked and then it crashed now...
  4. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.: I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to get the free upgrade to WIn 10.I have recently upgraded the computer with new CPU and MOBO and now it won't let me activate...
  5. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.: I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to get the free upgrade to WIn 10.I have recently upgraded the computer with new CPU and MOBO and now it won't let me activate...
  6. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Activating windows after major hardware change. I dont have key linked anywhere or on paper!

Activating windows after major hardware change. I dont have key linked anywhere or on paper!: How can i reactivate my windows 10 pro after i upgraded my pcs motherboard ecs. Troubelshooting did not help! I have tryed almost everything. any sugestions how to fix it?...
  8. i cant activate windows product key

i cant activate windows product key: when i try to activate any windows product key it gives me this error code 0x803fa067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-product-key/6a25a92f-3fef-45cb-8178-0c577ffd9e7d
  9. i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10

i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10: so i recently just changed hardware on my computer and i have that annoying "activate windows" watermark i have tried going into the settings and troubleshooting it and all it says is "we weren't able to activate windows on this device" and then there's a button at the...
  10. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

Changed motherboard, now i cant activate: Hello and thanks for any help I changed my motherboard the day before yesterday and I didn't know I should have taken measures beforehand. The problem is that I don't remember my account. I tried my regular mail but the code was wrong. But then my wife's mail popped up as a...