Windows 10: Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device

Discus and support Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I have recently changed the display language of my Acer laptop from English (US) to Portuguese (BR), however I am no longer able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mdealbuquerque3, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device

Good afternoon. I have recently changed the display language of my Acer laptop from English (US) to Portuguese (BR), however I am no longer able to access the control panel after restarting the device, as it opens for a split second then is instantly closed while it appears that the Windows desktop process is restarting. I am currently in the process or restoring my device to a state prior to the display language using a EaseUS backup utility, and will attempt to change the language again. If the issue persists, what steps should I take? Thank you in advance for your assistance and replies.

:)

mdealbuquerque3, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2019
  3. I can not change display language

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I did exactly as you suggested. On the "Region& language" panel, I have Chinese and English languages, and I also have the same language list on the Control>Clock,Language, and Region >Language panel.

However, under Control>Clock, Language, and Region >Language panel>Advanced settings,
    there is no Chinese language option shown under the drop-down list for Override for windows display language.
    I think that is why I can not change the display language.
    But, it has the Chinese language under the drop-down list for Override for default input method.

jiangtao_11, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device

1. Recently changed display language, unable to open Control Panel since restarting the device - Similar Threads - Recently changed display

2. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  3. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  4. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  5. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  6. unable to open fonts in control panel

unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  7. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Language is missing in control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language is missing in control panel.: I want to try the dvorak keyboard layout and I think language in control panel is the only way. submitted by /u/Panical382 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kac2qs/language_is_missing_in_control_panel/
  9. no language setting in control panel

no language setting in control panel: [ATTACH]no language setting in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-setting-in-control-panel/7747d59d-3536-4785-b09b-70d0a9939941
  10. Language in control panel is missing

Language in control panel is missing: [ATTACH] Since I updated windows 10 couple months ago, language in control panel is disappeared. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-control-panel-is-missing/c6880f66-9af3-41d1-b9ca-c3866ce38923