Windows 10: Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10

Discus and support Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my old Mother board for an MSI X570 chipset as well as a new CPU and Memory and due to this my windows has become un-activated. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CooperLegacy, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10

I recently upgraded my old Mother board for an MSI X570 chipset as well as a new CPU and Memory and due to this my windows has become un-activated. I tried to re-input my Activation key to trying the troubleshooter as it mentions to do in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530 and so far nothing has worked. I keep getting error code 0xC0EA000A. I would prefer to not call Microsoft's support team as i do not have the patience to talk to some one across the pond. I also would prefer to not give Microsoft more money for a key i already own, any help to get windows reactivated would be nice.

:)

CooperLegacy, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Smitty3PM Win User

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Des- Win User

Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after hardware changed

I am unable to uninstall the key from my old motherboard as it was already sold together with the CPU.

Also during the Activation troubleshooter, I signed in to the microsoft account that ties my windows 10, my new device is not shown in the list when i select " I have recently changed my hardware " option

Thema:

Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10

1. Recently changed Hardware, unable to re-activate Win 10 - Similar Threads - Recently changed Hardware

2. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  3. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  4. Activate Win 10 after changing the hardware OS re-installed

Activate Win 10 after changing the hardware OS re-installed: Hello, Can anybody help me with the following issue. I've re-installed Win10 Pro after changing the hardware motherboard, CPU, SSD etc.. An OS on the same PC previously was activated after it had been updated from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro. I've signed in to my account. Tried to...
  5. Windows 10 change hardware (re)activation issue

Windows 10 change hardware (re)activation issue: I have an issue with activating Windows 10 on new hardware and it seems as if I'm not alone. I have a PC at home that has been activated (since long). Version at time of hardware change was Windows 10 Pro 1803 (digital license linked to a Microsoft account). The reason for...
  6. Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I recently upgraded some of my hardware components on my PC, including my motherboard. Now Windows is saying I need to reactive. I've ran both troubleshooters and both give me errors. This is not the first time I've upgraded motherboards on this PC. I don't have a product...
  7. Change of Hardware - Re activating Windows

Change of Hardware - Re activating Windows: Hi Team, I have recently upgraded my computers hardware, and am now trying to re activate windows. Upon going through the activation steps, The computer i am currently using is discoverable. Attached image 1 When selecting this device and attempting to the license, I get...
  8. Re-activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after hardware change: Hello, so I upgraded my hardware in my PC and the first time I started it up no issues. Day after Windows are asking to be activated. So I go through the activation trouble shooter and in the end it tells it can not be activated at the time. My windows 10 are free...
  9. recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows

recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows: i have my product key, but i forgot to link my windows 10 to my hotmail account, and the activation isnt registering my product key for some reason, other than putting my motherboard back into my system and then linking windows 10, if that would even work, what else can i do?...
  10. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...