Windows 10: Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...

Discus and support Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection, it shows a folder as part of the list, but it does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjl1956, Jul 11, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...

Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection, it shows a folder as part of the list, but it does not show up anywhere else; disk management or mini tool partition wizard

:)

kjl1956, Jul 11, 2021

2. USB3 problem with 3 TB external hard drive.

I've just experienced the problem I've seen others are posting re USB3 external hard drives. It happens with drives formatted GPT on USB3 ports. I'm running Windows 10 1607 build 14393.187.

I have two external hard drives, both USB3, one is 3 TB formatted GPT, the other 2 TB formatted
    MBR. The 2 TB drive works with both my USB3 port and my USB2 ports, but the
    3 TB one only works with the USB2 ports. My Windows 7 Pro system doesn't have this problem.

Edit: I should add that I have a 64 GB USB3 flash drive that when plugged into the USB3 port, is immediately recognized, assigned a drive letter, and works just fine.

Edit: l mistakenly said 2 GB and 3 GB when I should've said 2 TB and 3 TB. Error corrected above Sept. 17.

Hula_Baloo, Jul 11, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Western Digital Also Announces WD Red Pro 6 TB Hard Drive for NAS

WD, a Western Digital company, and world leader in storage solutions, today announced the expansion of its award-winning WD Red Pro hard drive line with the release of 5 TB and 6 TB capacities. The WD Red Pro family is ideal for NAS (network attached storage) systems having up to 16 drive bays and serving businesses with more expansive storage needs than the standard WD Red drives.

Shipping now, WD Red Pro 5 and 6 TB drives leverage an enhanced design and 128 MB cache to deliver data transfer rates of 214 megabytes per second (MB/s). WD's NASware 3.0 features technology promoting data protection, high NAS performance and reliable integration. "WD is providing customers a full portfolio of high capacity NAS storage solutions (WD Red and WD Red Pro) for home, consumer and business NAS solutions," said Cindi Grace, senior vice president of WD storage technology group. "With the capacity expansion, there is now a path for customers to increase the storage density of their systems while knowing their data is protected with the most trusted and valued brand on the market."

Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows... 82a_thm.jpg

WD Red Pro 6 TB hard drives feature the following:
    • Up to 16 Bay Shock Protection - Equipped with a multi- axis shock sensor, the drive automatically detects subtle shock events and, along with dynamic fly height technology, adjusts each read-write function to compensate and protect the data, further protecting the drive in large 1- to 16-bay NAS environments.
    • NASware 3.0 - Exclusive advanced firmware enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in the demanding NAS environment.
    • Vibration Protection - Hardware vibration compensation technology monitors the drive to correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time, further increasing drive reliability and enabling high performance in higher vibration systems caused from drive to drive vibration as well as from the high speed fans used to cool the larger systems.
    • Longer Warranty Coverage - Complimenting WD Red drives at a 3-year limited warranty, WD Red Pro offers longer warranty coverage with a 5-year limited warranty.
    Availability and Pricing
    Available now at select U.S. retailers and distributors, the WD Red Pro drive has a five-year limited regional warranty, respectively. Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the WD Red Pro 5 TB drive (model #: WD5001FFWX) is $269.00 USD and $299.00 USD for 6 TB (model #: WD6001FFWX).

btarunr, Jul 11, 2021
  4. x509 Win User

Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...

Windows Was Unable to Format This Drive - new 6 TB HGST drive

I started this process today, after first changing the Power Plan to Always On, and then going into advanced settings for disk drive inactivity setting. I am actually using a USB 3 docking cradle that supports either size drive. It has two docks, so it can do a copy operation on its own. Manufacturer is Orico, and it has been reliable.

Even so, I left my system and then came back about 90 minnutes later. The drive was no longer spinning and the DISKPART format command still showed "0 percent completed.

I did not have this problem when I used the Windows format command. I should note that using this same hardware I have formatted a number of HGST 4 TB drives without incident.

I know someone suggested Linux, but I'd like to work with Windows.

Thema:

1. Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows... - Similar Threads - Recently cloned system

2. 2,1tb to 2, 3 tb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2,1tb to 2, 3 tb: Windows 11. I got a new case and putting my stuff from old computer into it. I want to replace the two, 1TB drives with two, 3TB drives that are one drive D: in storage spaces. Can I remove the 1TB's and plug and play the 3TB's? Both are same model. Or will I need to set up a...
  3. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  4. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  5. 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?: Combines storage capacity of everything on my network (which includes an 8 Tb server) is 14tb. I did shut down the server and checked properties again, same results. I've posted the results below. I have 150Gb of music files in the music folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb: My pc only detects 1.99 tb not my whole 6tb, The windows tell me its a MBR not a GPT, How do I make my pc a GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-windows-10-to-recongnize-my-6-tb/6ff5487f-c4ff-4c87-8e26-196ee49e3e06"
  7. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click are greyed out....
  8. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything....
  9. Windows Was Unable to Format This Drive - new 6 TB HGST drive

Windows Was Unable to Format This Drive - new 6 TB HGST drive: This drive is a retail DeskStar NAS 6 TB drive, which I just bought from the Egg. Previous experience with Hitachi, 3.5" and 2.5" has been uniformly positive, so I'm very loyal to the brand.*Smile I always do a full format in Windows on every new drive. This is the first...
  10. 3 tb hdd

3 tb hdd: Hello all, I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue and went ahead loading it with my files etc. All seemed fine until I rebooted my system and now it wont boot up, In fact...