Windows 10: Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...

Discus and support Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Apologies if this has been asked previously. I recently did a major hardware update to my PC, swapping out everything except the power supply and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AidanD1, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:38 AM.

1. AidanD1 Win User

Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...

Apologies if this has been asked previously.

I recently did a major hardware update to my PC, swapping out everything except the power supply and hard drive (the one with Windows on it). I know that changing the motherboard requires reactivating Windows, but none of the Microsoft tools seem to be working and when I go to reactive it I keep getting the message "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I didn't even consider that this may be an issue, so I neglected to do the prep work beforehand.

I have the disk I used to install Windows originally (though it's for 8.1), but I don't have a CD drive in this new build since the case didn't support one. What can I do to activate Windows without buying it again?

Thanks,

Aidan

:)

2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Smitty3PM Win User
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

4. Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...

Michael Gall, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:41 AM
Thema:

Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I...

1. Recently did a large hardware change, having difficulties activating Windows. Anything I... - Similar Threads - Recently did large

2. Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation troubleshooter not giving me 'recently changed hardware' option -...: Windows 10 Pro build 17134 I've just finished an upgrade to my PC, swapping motherboard, CPU and memory. I migrated the hard drives from the old machine intending to keep my system/install as was. Prior to dismantling the old system I checked that Windows was showing me as...
  3. recent changes on computer I did not make

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recent changes on computer I did not make: I have Windows 10. I keep having "My Inbox Helper" appear and I did not add this. I have removed it several times now it does not give me the option. Since it appeared I have lost the battery icon in the bottom of my screen that shows how much battery I have left. I have...
  4. Recent PC upgrade - Unable to activate windows using "I recently changed hardware on this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent PC upgrade - Unable to activate windows using "I recently changed hardware on this...: Hello, I spoke to a technical assistant today under case ref: 1467036964. He asked me to try as a different user then we got disconnected so i'm left in the dark. I recently upgraded my outdated computer. I changed the following components; CPU, Motherboard, Ram & added...
  5. recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows

recently changed hardware need to re-activate windows: i have my product key, but i forgot to link my windows 10 to my hotmail account, and the activation isnt registering my product key for some reason, other than putting my motherboard back into my system and then linking windows 10, if that would even work, what else can i do?...
  6. i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10

i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10: so i recently just changed hardware on my computer and i have that annoying "activate windows" watermark i have tried going into the settings and troubleshooting it and all it says is "we weren't able to activate windows on this device" and then there's a button at the...
  7. Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...

Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...: As the title implies, i recently changed computers (my motherboard stopped working). I still have the original HD and hardware. When i tried to migrate the OS to the new computer using the Mini Partition Tool app all went well until i restarted my computer. I have tried the...
  8. Hardware changes and windows activation

Hardware changes and windows activation: I recently changed a lot of hardware to my computer including the motherboard. There is a watermark in the lower right hand corner saying to Activate Windows. So I went to the activation in settings and used the trouble shooter. I clicked the link on the troubleshooter that...
  9. Hardware changes and activation

Hardware changes and activation: In my experience over many years of monkeying about with pc hardware, I have never had problems activating genuine copies of Windows. Changing cpu's, hdd's ram and graphics cards have never bothered Microsoft. Back in the XP days, I also changed motherboards with OEM software...
  10. Build 10576 did not change anything at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10576 did not change anything at all.: So i still have these 3 problems: Homegroup asks me to join the Homegroup AGAIN Pics when Extra Large Icons is active, do not show, also NOT with Large or Medium Icons. Network now gives me only ONE computer and it is not mine. So i am further away from a solution...