Windows 10: Recently downloaded something.

Discus and support Recently downloaded something. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The task bar above appeared after downloading something. I have never seen this before and when I go into taskmanager to close it, I don't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZonateWheat10, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Recently downloaded something.

Recently downloaded something. 2f62e91b-3171-4e67-b34a-4250ec42a117?upload=true.png The task bar above appeared after downloading something. I have never seen this before and when I go into taskmanager to close it, I don't find anything. I am slightly worried about this, is it normal?

:)

ZonateWheat10, Mar 24, 2019

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Mar 24, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recently downloaded something.

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Recently downloaded something.

1. Recently downloaded something. - Similar Threads - Recently downloaded something

2. Unable to download something on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download something on my computer: When downloading said item onto my computer, i receive the following error messageThen i have to close the download.How can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-something-on-my-computer/d840f55a-d4e4-4032-94ce-3bf83e9c1da7
  3. Something Wrong With Windows Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong With Windows Download: I decided to download Windows 10 on my iMac and I followed every step. I turned it off for a bit and when I turned it on again, it said "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK"...
  4. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  5. viewing recently downloaded documents

viewing recently downloaded documents: I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them, everything is unreadable....just gobblely gook. What is wrong....
  6. The recent windows update done something awful.

The recent windows update done something awful.: hello, My sister started to have an issue with windows 10. The recent windows update done something awful. When the update was finished my sister couldn't sign into her window's account we tried to restart the computer itself and then, everything seem to reseted for...
  7. Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR

in Browsers and Email
    Something Changed Recently With Chrome Re: Address BAR: I used to be able to type something into the address bar and it would show me search results. Now it seems to no longer work and just sits there after hitting enter. I need to now go to the home page and enter what I had previously just been able to enter into the address...
  8. DNS client constantly downloading something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS client constantly downloading something: Hi, On my Windows 10, svchost.exe (NetworkService -p) is constantly downloading something at 1,7 Mbit/s since a few days, maybe weeks. I can't manage to get what is going on. Any idea ? Thanks...
  9. trying to download something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...
  10. Downloading the most recent KB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading the most recent KB: I am doing this because I am still trying to find why my last Windows Updates are failing, and because I am not ready for an In-Place Upgrade. I am referring to the instructions given on this MS page: support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors It...