Windows 10: Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings...

Discus and support Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple days ago my laptop got infected with a trojan through the flash drive of my friend. Yesterday I installed Malwarebytes because windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ddambat, Sep 23, 2018.

1. ddambat Win User

Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings...

A couple days ago my laptop got infected with a trojan through the flash drive of my friend. Yesterday I installed Malwarebytes because windows defender wasn't doing anything. A couple of files showed up in malwarebytes to be infected and I subsequently deleted them. Now most of my settings, including wifi doesn't show any text or any options at all. Can anyone help?

:)

ddambat, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Sep 23, 2018
  3. PC Infected by Trojan Virus Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen

PC Infected by Trojan Virus Rootkit.Fileless.MTGen

Symptoms:-

1. With the default browser set to Internet Explorer Internet Shortcuts would start and then close down almost immediately. Changing the default browser to Microsoft Edge worked OK.

2. The Microphone did not work as the virus kept Muting the Microphone and setting the level to zero.

Manually resetting these would only last a few seconds before they were reset again.

A full scan by Microsoft Windows Defender or McAfee BT Virus Protect did not detect the virus but using the trial version of Malewarebytes succeeded in finding and then quarantining the Trojan Virus.

GarinasRogers, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings...

Trojan virus

Suggestion to read:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing any details....:

See the helpful links posted by

quietman7 - MVP

here

Copy/paste of above post:

Malware Removal Guides for Windows

You can always supplement your anti-virus or get a second opinion by performing an

Online Virus Scan

ESET is one of the more effective online scanners.

Stubborn Malware Removal Guides for Windows

==========================================================

Jsssssssss, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings...

1. Recently got infected with a trojan virus. I got it removed and now most of my settings... - Similar Threads - Recently got infected

2. My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.: So, the other day I was downloading a program, I was suspicious about it and still downloaded it. Everything was fine until i shut down my computer, that's so, because when I opened it the next morning i got a blue screen crash that had a stop code: Unmountable Boot Volume....
  3. My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop got infected by a virus and is stuck in a bsod loop now.: So, the other day I was downloading a program, I was suspicious about it and still downloaded it. Everything was fine until i shut down my computer, that's so, because when I opened it the next morning i got a blue screen crash that had a stop code: Unmountable Boot Volume....
  4. I got infected by Occamy.b Virus/Trojan and My Defender stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got infected by Occamy.b Virus/Trojan and My Defender stopped working: Hi, My Windows 10 PC of 20H2 version got infected by "Occamy.b" virus, I tried to remove it via windows defender but it get stucked scanning it. After restarting, I can't even open win defender now... the icon in the taskbar shows the exclamation mark saying that actions...
  5. sir I my machine is got infected by a trojan virus . All my files have been converted to...

sir I my machine is got infected by a trojan virus . All my files have been converted to...: sir i was surfing online but from somewhere my laptop got infected by trojan malware . My files have been converted to .hoop files please contact me with given email id *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. I recently removed a trojan and it got rid of my wireless network drivers

I recently removed a trojan and it got rid of my wireless network drivers: I recently removed a trojan and it messed with my drivers because my network adapter driver's don't appear and nobody will give a manual form to re-add them and no troubleshooting is working at all because they are well "gone" the only adapter left is ethernet 2 and I can't...
  7. My Device Got Infected

My Device Got Infected: I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G recently and not knowing the phone, went on Google Play Store to download an uninstall app. I downloaded the first one. I opened it to install it on my phone and it immediately downloaded 45 apps to my phone and after that took over the...
  8. I think I got a virus/trojan help please

I think I got a virus/trojan help please: I used my external hard drives on work pc to copy some software and music However after I plugged them in my laptop, I notices something weird All my folders in at the root of the hdd was converted to shortcuts, opening shortcut takes a little while, like it's loading...
  9. Got a TROJAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got a TROJAN: Recently downloaded an app and once ran windows detected several severe things and once "removed" it has already taken a hit and also i resetted my pc but am i still safe? submitted by /u/Txmbro [link] [comments]...
  10. I got a question, I got an virus but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a question, I got an virus but...: I got a virus because I accidentally forgot to turn on virus defender. Now I was able to remove the virus, but cmd still opens at the beginning when I am entering my screen after looking in. But nothing is happing, but every program starts with administration rights no matter...