Windows 10: Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows...

Discus and support Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, my "old" PC had Win10 Pro 1909. I recently got a new motherboard and when doing so also reinstalled Windows onto an SSD rather than the hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/comrade-pancake, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows...

So, my "old" PC had Win10 Pro 1909. I recently got a new motherboard and when doing so also reinstalled Windows onto an SSD rather than the hard drive. Well, I installed Win10 Home 2004... and now I can't transfer my license. Is there a way to install Win10 Pro pre-activation so that I can transfer it? There's not really a product key that I know of for it, it's just a digital license tied to my Outlook account.

I also still have the HDD that it used to be on with all the storage still on it. It's just gonna be a pain to install because I moved to SFF recently when getting this new motherboard.

Any ideas?

Edit: I'd prefer to be able to keep all my installs and whatnot, so a fresh install of Windows isn't what I'm exactly looking for.

submitted by /u/comrade-pancake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/comrade-pancake, Sep 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows...

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows...

1. Recently got new motherboard and installation of Windows... - Similar Threads - Recently got motherboard

2. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows: Just as the title says. I just installed a new motherboard, but I'm using the same drives for my entire computer. As such, my windows activation key is no longer valid, but it should still be able to be used on my current computer. I have the product key available if...
  3. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows: Just as the title says. I just installed a new motherboard, but I'm using the same drives for my entire computer. As such, my windows activation key is no longer valid, but it should still be able to be used on my current computer. I have the product key available if...
  4. Got a new motherboard and can no longer activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows install with new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install with new motherboard: I am trying to install windows 10 on my new motherboard /PC but it wont accept my license key. How do I sort this out? I have already tried the support areas but nothing has worked and my current Key says its not valid on the new motherboard. I should have windows 10 pro...
  6. Installing Windows on new Motherboard?

Installing Windows on new Motherboard?: Hello, In the up-coming weeks I will finish building a new PC. I have Windows 10 installed on my current PC and I think it was last year I was told that my Windows is OEM or something and once it's being installed, it cannot be installed on new PC. And was I told that I...
  7. Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.: I didn't think this would happen, and it's annoying me now. First of all the Windows 10 I have is the free upgraded version. Not only that, but the troubleshooting option and choosing the hardware change doesn't work. It tells me it can't connect to the servers and to try...
  8. Recently Changed motherboards.

Recently Changed motherboards.: So I recently changed the motherboard in my pc maybe last Saturday I believe. And now I am having this Activate Windows thing pop up. I've tried to check and see what it and done all this trouble shooting and it's not really helping me much. I can't find my windows activation...
  9. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!: Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install. My question is will my windows 10 key still work? I heard with new hardware it doesnt activate properly. thanks in advance for any help!...
  10. Installed new motherboard...problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new motherboard...problems: Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD. After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and...