Windows 10: recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...

Discus and support recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack, compressed and blurry. how to fix? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DorothyMcAvoy, Jan 27, 2019.

1. recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...

recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack, compressed and blurry. how to fix? Thanks!

:)

DorothyMcAvoy, Jan 27, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 27, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...

1. recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,... - Similar Threads - recently microsoft reinstalled

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  3. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  4. Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean reinstall Windows 10 from USB: so i just reinstall pc with usb, already clean the drive by deleting partition in installation in setupand after log in , the wallpaper is the same with the previous one before reinstall , then i sync with chrome, and away for few minutes, the desktop background change again...
  5. Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer: This actually happened on both my older desktops, but the oldest managed to back out as it was Windows 8. My windows 10 desktop runs into trouble on bootup and goes into self repair them stops at keyboard selection. When I try to pick any keyboard my keyboard doesn't work and...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  7. Had to reinstall Windows 10 from ISO (USB stick) :: But it looks different now | Is this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had to reinstall Windows 10 from ISO (USB stick) :: But it looks different now | Is this...: I have an Asus Rog Strix 2 laptop, which came with Windows 10 home installed. Never had any issues with the laptop nor windows, but had a problem where my video player was only playing sound via 1 side of the speakers (the left side), and after exhausting every other option...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  9. Screen display out of whack since latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display out of whack since latest update: Icons on edges and taskbar partially off screen since latest windows 10 update. Tried adjusting screen resolution and scale to no avail. Top of windows that open are also not visible, off the perimeter of the screen. Mouse arrow can go beyond edge to pull windows down....
  10. After BSOD Correction, desktop out of whack

in Windows 10 Support
    After BSOD Correction, desktop out of whack: All, It all started out with getting the BSOD for 'Boot Config. File Missing", "Missing or Corrupted Boot Files", and "Registry File Missing or Contains Errors." The first 2 were corrected with no issues. After receiving the "Registry File Missing..." error, I did the...