Windows 10: Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games

Discus and support Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is only 4 months old. Recently I have been experiencing alot of BSOD while playing Apex Legends a video game Here is my crash dump files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffLiew95, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games

My laptop is only 4 months old. Recently I have been experiencing alot of BSOD while playing Apex Legends a video game

Here is my crash dump files and msinfo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5uivwq0ryxt049/AABrh-PgAZHiI-7Gs_2rBd8ra?dl=0

The BSOD occurs within 1min to 30min of in game time. I had used DDU uninstaller and installed some nvidia driver versions but it doesnt help.
    Ran stuff like check disk, memtest, sfc scannow and system health doesnt have any issues.

I have not overclock my PC but there might be some factory overclocks by ASUS ROG.

:)

JeffLiew95, Jan 1, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2020
  3. xbox one recently played games

how do you reinstall games that we bought the game disk for but no longer have but are in our profile under recently played list, or can we play/reinstall games played recently in our profile without game disk ?

AdrianMaldonadoTX, Jan 1, 2020
  4. dtex Win User

Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

dtex, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games

1. Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - Recently having lot

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. Im having a lot of BSOD while gaming the last month.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im having a lot of BSOD while gaming the last month.: Recently im having a lot of dumps playing games. The only games that gave me dumps were:- Resident Evil 8 when i open League of Legends.- Rainbow Six Siege no matter what im doing.- Outer Wilds no matter what im doing.I uninstalled drivers with ddu and installed a 5 month old...
  4. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  5. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  6. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: My computer crashes to BSOD while playing various games, the BSOD varies from SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED to HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED. The only information I gained while doing a driver check was that cmuac.sys was causing one of the BSOD's...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  8. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...
  9. Im having lots of BSOD while playing Rainbow six

Im having lots of BSOD while playing Rainbow six: the last one was Memory Management BSOD , Colif from tom's hardware forums suggest that i post about this issue here, after days of trying to figure out what is causing this. this is a link to my thread there Question - BSOD '' PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA'' Mini dump link...
  10. Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games

Recently having a lot of BSOD while playing games: My laptop is only 4 months old. Recently I have been experiencing alot of BSOD while playing Apex Legends a video game Here is my crash dump files and msinfo: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BJ6aztLTHwhFVtlucPPlL0BDFjHJqsTr?usp=sharing The BSOD occurs within 1min...