Windows 10: Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please

Discus and support Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i first noticed this i tried with different mettods habilite the context menu on my desktop of Windows 10, as any method was useful for me i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SantiagoQros, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please

when i first noticed this i tried with different mettods habilite the context menu on my desktop of Windows 10, as any method was useful for me i entered on the decision of reseting my laptop (alienware) to initial configuration.

the first thing i tried was clicking the right mouse click on my desktop and it doesn't work too, so i started searching again and i found an article (it's written on spanish) here is the link : https://www.softzone.es/2018/03/19/problemas-clic-derecho-windows-10/ and i found that my context menu could be deshabilitated, and thay wrote that i have to go to this part of the "regedit" called

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and i found that the least patch called "explorer" doesn't exist, HELP ME PLEASE

:)

SantiagoQros, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please :)

Necrofire, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please

windows 10 desktop icon context menus

Hi Ramon,

In reply to your questions:

• Asus, not sure of model - 64 bit desktop system, Asus motherboard, Intel E5300 dual-core @ 2.6 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 600 Gb disk (<80% full).
    • No error messages at all.
    • None of the desktop shortcuts (icons) launch their apps, including old original shortcuts and newer ones. (In other words, all icons' context menus misbehave the same way.)
    • No changes or custom mods... off-the-shelf prebuilt system, stock Windows install. Strictly used for home office functions - no gaming or external hardware hung off the PC.
    Some additional points:

• Note that the Win-X context menu also mostly not working - none of the utilities launch from the choices on the upper 75% of the menu, only system functions (Run, Shutdown, etc.) at the bottom.
    • Also note that context menus work normally elsewhere in the system: like inside File Explorer, and inside the Start Menu.
    • Not aware of any other issues anywhere in my system. Applications run promptly and at normal speed, no unusual hangs or error pop-ups. (BTW, Windows tablet mode is OFF - I checked.)
    • Windows 10 was an upgrade directly from Windows 7.
    • At that time everything worked, including all the desktop shortcut context menus and Win-X.
    • The context menus on the desktop stopped functioning after the Anniversary update... now shortcuts only launch on double-click from mouse.
    • All additional MS updates and patches since that time have successfully installed.
    Thanks for your help.

WarrenClearfield, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please

1. Recently i can't get to the context menu on the desktop, i need help please - Similar Threads - Recently can't context

2. Hello, I can't get into my main desktop, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I can't get into my main desktop, please help.: I logged into my windows account on pc and put in a new pin, I restarted it to see if it was wroking properly but when I open my pc, the only thing that appears is "enter" I clicked it but it sends me back to the homescreen instead of opening my desktop or asking for a...
  3. Hello, I can't get into my main desktop, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I can't get into my main desktop, please help.: I logged into my windows account on pc and put in a new pin, I restarted it to see if it was wroking properly but when I open my pc, the only thing that appears is "enter" I clicked it but it sends me back to the homescreen instead of opening my desktop or asking for a...
  4. Hello, I can't get into my main desktop, please help.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Annoying context menu item that I can't delete. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying context menu item that I can't delete. Help: So one time I downloaded and installed File Viewer Plus 4 to my computer, but I didn't really like it, so I uninstalled it, like usual. But when you install it, it adds a "Open with File Viewer Plus 4" context item to the explorer context menu, which is now annoying and...
  6. Annoying context menu item that I can't delete. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying context menu item that I can't delete. Help: So one time I downloaded and installed File Viewer Plus 4 to my computer, but I didn't really like it, so I uninstalled it, like usual. But when you install it, it adds a "Open with File Viewer Plus 4" context item to the explorer context menu, which is now annoying and...
  7. Annoying context menu item that I can't delete. Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help: [IMG] submitted by /u/puffinmain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioiqa6/i_cant_get_to_open_the_config_the_task_bar_or_the/
  9. Need help with Context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Context menu: Need help in replacing "Taskbar Setting" shortcut with "Settings" shortcut instead. As i frequent settings page but have to go through Right-click Taskbar> Taskbar settings>Home>(into other settings) Would save a lot of time and clicks for me to just get it replaced with...
  10. Context menu on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recently i cant get it