Windows 10: recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows...

Discus and support recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows store apps not start including the start menu button... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DavidSifuna, Jul 5, 2020.

1. recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows...

recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows store apps not start including the start menu button

:)

DavidSifuna, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Gardner Win User

Sorted my problem that had this error

Quick update:

Installed Windows 10 again, problem recurred.
    This time, two additional steps for a fix:
    1. Turned Windows Firewall off -- theory: might conflict with AVG antivirus. This one seems a stretch, but I record it for completeness.
    2. Went to adapter properties and made sure every possible installable protocol was installed. You can get the list by clicking on any protocol to highlight it, selecting install, selecting protocol, then installing every protocol you see there.

Having done these things, I restarted, with no luck.

THEN I ran efta's script again, and connectivity came back, for the first time in my attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

FWIW, YMMV -- and thanks again to efta's initial suggestion as well as to all the informed and helpful discussion in this thread.

Gardner, Jul 5, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 5, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows...

Where had all my apps gone?

The November update has given me the ability to not only select where to save new apps, but even more important to me is being able to move (some) apps from the the (C) drive to the (D) drive, an SD Memory Card.

I went a bit mad and moved as many apps as I could. Now, what mystified me was that I could not find them! They had not appeared anywhere in (D). Checking back in Apps and Features they are still shown as being located in (D) where they should be.

Fortunately, they are still around. When I click on their tile or in the all apps list the app launches OK. What a relief.

Eventually I did find them in (D), in an innocuious folder named WpSystem. There are sub-folders, including AppData and at last Packages. In Packages are all the transferred apps

So that is one mystery involving the new Apps and Features solved. There are others, for example what will happen when I click Modify?

clayto, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows...

1. recently i installed an app unfortunately it had a sort of virus that mad all of my windows... - Similar Threads - recently installed app

2. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  3. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  4. I recently had my account stolen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I recently had my account stolen: The other day, my account was stolen, number deleted, email changed, and password changed. I still can get a verification code to see what email or username however I have no clue how to recover my account. Please help....
  5. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...: Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes...
  6. I recently had a trojan virus and cant install anything of windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I recently had a trojan virus and cant install anything of windows store.: I can't install anything and every time I try it says: "couldn't be installed". It says error code: 0x80070424 many thanks in advance, Ben....
  7. I recently had my laptop stolen, which had a valid version of Windows 10 installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently had my laptop stolen, which had a valid version of Windows 10 installed: I recently had my laptop stolen, which had a valid version of Windows 10 installed. I'm now looking to build a new PC, and was hoping to use the license from the laptop. Is this possible, and if so how?...
  8. All Apps sorting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
  9. Sorting the all apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting the all apps list?: OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several hours of searching reading and pulling hair out. 1) A few of my apps (programs I installed, not apps from the store) were...
  10. All Apps - How to sort by Category?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps - How to sort by Category?: In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first. Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10? I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build...