Windows 10: Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it...

Discus and support Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ambitious-Cod7387 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ambitious-Cod7387, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it...

/u/Ambitious-Cod7387, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Kokopelli Win User

Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

Thanks for replying Bree. 'Enjoy your midsummer festivities!' oh, I did (it's now 8:42 a.m. the next day, Saturday) and then some.
    Yesterday when I posted last I was thinking to myself 'I'll probably have a head and a half tomorrow - but that's Tomorrow Guys' problem. Me, I'm Party guy and aim to paar-tay'. You know how that goes...

Ah yes, it all comes back to me...'God Mode' The very name...that was for me. Anyway, before I saw your reply I tried this method, suggested @ howtogeek.com and coming from Microsoft itself:

Jump List is likely corrupted in AutomaticDestinations-hidden system folder.
    To resolve and fix the issue, follow these steps:
    1. Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Type or copy and paste the following into the address bar:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    3. Identify files that are comparatively larger in size than the rest of the file, such as files that have file size of 1 MB or more.Delete the abnormal file(s).
    4. The recent items functionality on Jump Lists will be restored. The recent items on the Jump Lists will be re-added as the program is been used. However, do note that the solution does not restore the previously pinned items. So user will have to pin new items again.

and rebooted. Still the same-ol' same-ol'. Also, I ran Turn_On_Recent_Items_and_Frequent_Places.reg as suggested by philc43. Same difference. After this I will try the as yet untried suggestions from you and Anak. 'I'll be...' etc.

Kokopelli, Jul 15, 2021
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it...

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it... 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it...

1. Recently I saw a post saying "how we want news and interest to look like". IDK how it... - Similar Threads - Recently saw post

2. Saw that last post?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saw that last post?: Heres another example.search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Windows&crumb=location:C%3A%5CWindows\IdentityCRL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saw-that-last-post/66d3b50f-4c93-42f7-9ab5-9cf91562ade5
  3. Saw that last post?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saw that last post?: Heres another example.search-ms:displayname=Search%20Results%20in%20Windows&crumb=location:C%3A%5CWindows\IdentityCRL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saw-that-last-post/66d3b50f-4c93-42f7-9ab5-9cf91562ade5
  4. How Do I Close The News Ad Interests Tab?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Close The News Ad Interests Tab?: There's no button to close it and it shows over my entire screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-close-the-news-ad-interests-tab/4e3a6647-8609-49a3-bb9f-a3b30c2b1125
  5. How Do I Close The News Ad Interests Tab?

How Do I Close The News Ad Interests Tab?: There's no button to close it and it shows over my entire screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-close-the-news-ad-interests-tab/4e3a6647-8609-49a3-bb9f-a3b30c2b1125
  6. How to remove the news and interests section?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the news and interests section?: To whom it may concern,How do I remove the news and interests section on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-news-and-interests-section/5ad37fb1-ebe1-430e-a4d5-13421cde47d2
  7. Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests": Hello, I recently ran Windows Update and was surprised to see my Recycle Bin icon added via toolbar on the taskbar was about 1.5" from the task icons, for no apparent reason. It took me a good bit of screwing around to realize that returning the taskbar to the bottom of the...
  8. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?: Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :...