Windows 10: recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script

Discus and support recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking through my "apps & features" for apps that I don't want or use, I came across an app in Cyrillic script. I didn't knowingly install this or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamessmithXXVII, Mar 2, 2021.

1. recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script

Looking through my "apps & features" for apps that I don't want or use, I came across an app in Cyrillic script. I didn't knowingly install this or any other apps around that date. I can't copy the characters no cut/copy & paste options work. Also, there's no option to uninstall it's greyed out and doesn't work. How do I know what this is and whether it might be sinister?

:)

jamessmithXXVII, Mar 2, 2021
  2. dan31 Win User

Getting Non-Western (Cyrillic) script for SSERIFF.FON

I would like to use MS Sans Serif (FON, not Microsoft Sans Serif TTF) on Windows 10 installed from an English distributive. For this font, I may only select "Western" Script and thus cannot use MS Sans Serif with Cyrillic letters:

https://i.imgur.com/zNKllS2.jpg

Even though on this installation Russian locale is already set, it does not change the allowance of scripts other than "Western" for MS Sans Serif.

At the same time, I can successfully select Cyrillic script (but only Cyrillic) on Windows 10 Russian distributive, though with English interface installed:

https://i.imgur.com/TnTCjSw.jpg

I checked SSERIFF.FON file and it is identical on both installations.

How can I get Cyrillic script on my English installation?

I suspect that is about some Regional / Language settings, but I could not figure which.

dan31, Mar 2, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script

1. recently installed Microsoft app in Cyrillic script - Similar Threads - recently installed Microsoft

2. Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable: WINDOWS 11 I've recently downloaded a Russian application. The text it displays is a weird, corrupted version of Cyrillic and even after downloading the Russian language pack from Windows and installing all optional Windows updates it is still corrupted. Help would be...
  3. Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable: WINDOWS 11 I've recently downloaded a Russian application. The text it displays is a weird, corrupted version of Cyrillic and even after downloading the Russian language pack from Windows and installing all optional Windows updates it is still corrupted. Help would be...
  4. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  5. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  6. Install script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install script: I am trying to install an application on a computer using powershell. Basically just running a script that will install the program, require a reboot, and be able to be accessed. I've done research on it and all I can find is going through powershell, changing directories to...
  7. Install script

Install script: I am trying to install an application on a computer using powershell. Basically just running a script that will install the program, require a reboot, and be able to be accessed. I've done research on it and all I can find is going through powershell, changing directories to...
  8. Install script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Latin to Cyrillic transliteration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latin to Cyrillic transliteration: Hey, i was curious: is there an option to enable latin>cyrillic transliteration? For example, if i will type "Pryvit", i would like to see on screen "Привіт" Ukrainian or something like that. Thanks....
  10. Cyrillic instead of English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cyrillic instead of English: The WIN 10 panels requesting my name and password are written in Russian or Ukrainian. How can I correct this? 17967