Windows 10: Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up.

Discus and support Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to Launch. Example Booting FFXIV off my 960 EVO NVME Drive, Updated to latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Renkei_Fukai, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up.

Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to Launch.

Example Booting FFXIV off my 960 EVO NVME Drive, Updated to latest Drivers Used to take 2.6 seconds, now it takes 8 seconds every-time, and loading java jars now takes 9 seconds vs 3 seconds that it took before. Is this normal behavior?

I am running NO START UP Programs all disabled with MSconfig. updated to 1909 Fresh Install.

Any Suggestions guys? Is this normal behavior for booting games in windows 10? I never had this issue with windows 7. :[

I've tested this with a timer just in case by switching drives and ended up being the same issue even when fresh installing the content that i was testing.... :[

submitted by /u/Renkei_Fukai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Renkei_Fukai, Jan 15, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up.

1. Recently Installed Windows 10, Vs Windows 7 Applications take longer to start up. - Similar Threads - Recently Installed Applications

2. Application Error Installing Windows 7 Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error Installing Windows 7 Application: I am trying to install an application called Encore Music notation software which is not being updated anymore by the company and such. After installing it with the exe file that I have saved and try to open it, it crashes. In event viewer, I see an application error followed...
  3. Windows 7 Start vs. Windows 10 Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 7 Start vs. Windows 10 Start: I have recently "upgraded" to Windows 10, and I am floored that the revised Start Menu is cluttered and clunky by comparison. In Windows 7, I had the few programs I use regularly at the top of the Start Menu, but the biggest difference was that I had the Documents menu as a...
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Advanced Recovery option offers recovery solutions which can help you bring back Windows 10 to a working condition. These are extreme solutions when nothing else can be done. That said, before one uses one of these solutions, its [...] This post...
  5. Windows 7 vs Windows 10

Windows 7 vs Windows 10: Why I feel Windows 10 is acting slower than Windows 7 in my machine? My device is Dell latittude e5410. RAM 4GB DDR3. HDD 500GB. CPU core i5 3rd gen. I know it's old. But windows 7 and windows 10's minimum requirement is completely same. Then why windows 10 seems slower....
  6. Windows 7 vs 10

Windows 7 vs 10: Running Adobe programs I have a new windows 10 computer bigger faster 32g ram you name it but it is so much slower then my old windows 7 computer why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-vs-10/16332006-550c-4ae1-8718-ee19372bcff6
  7. Windows 10 takes 7 reboots to start loading Windows.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes 7 reboots to start loading Windows.: The past couple of days my pc takes multiple times to load windows, it goes like this: 1. Gets to blue Windows logo and no spinning white circle to indicate windows is loading. 2. As above. 3. As above 4. Attempts to enter recovery mode or whatever its called as the pc...
  8. Windows 10 vs. 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vs. 7: How do I get my windows 7 back? When I upgraded I lost all my Office Package (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint, etc.). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vs-7/598e0d36-869b-4fcf-98eb-b1866a3dddef
  9. Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10: I'm a Mac person... What is the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10? I've learned that newer is not always better. Also, I believe Windows 7 or Windows 8 was considered a bomb, right? The content of this question is I am trying to figure out...
  10. Windows 7 inplace install 10 vs ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 inplace install 10 vs ?: Likely a few months before 10 starts shipping with new machines I need a new laptop. I might be able to plead desperation with my wife and continue to use her laptop until Lenovo starts shipping 10. Even that's not such a hot idea since it could be 3 or 4 months instead of 2....