Windows 10: Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i...

Discus and support Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I moved from an HDD to NVme SSD (Clean install of Windows) and have tried reinstalling windows 2 times at this point. When moving info I only take the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zander7098, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i...

I moved from an HDD to NVme SSD (Clean install of Windows) and have tried reinstalling windows 2 times at this point. When moving info I only take the appdata and temp info, but nothing else. I've tried updating the drivers using Driver Easy, uninstalling programs doesn't seem to do the trick given that DPC_WATCHDOG_ERROR backtracks to a driver issue. This mostly happens when playing games like Monster Hunter World, Arma 3, or Doom 2016. No problem with R6 or other games, however i find it curious that the other day i was playing MHW and it didn't happen. The biggest problem is that when I get the BSOD, it won't generate a dump file, it stays at 0% even after 30 minutes of waiting. I also tried updating the chipset drivers through Device Manager and even installing an update by Gigabyte. What can I do to 1. Stop getting Blue screens and 2. Get dump files to be generated from the BSOD to get my problem fixed? Please help

My specs are: RAM: 2x8GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970 CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170XP SLI SSD: WD Black NvMe 500GB HDDs: 1TB WD Blue and 1TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair 600M Windows Ver: (TBD, I'm waiting for the blue screen to compile info)

submitted by /u/Zander7098
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zander7098, Apr 4, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 4, 2021
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i...

BSOD driver_power_state_failure on shutdown and no dump file

Hello,

My computer can`t shutdown properly or sleep. After shutdown screen goes black and 5min i get BSOD driver_power_state_failure but there is no dump file and no error in events. I did windows 10 clean install and i got same bsod during installation.

Steps i took:

Checked dump settings. OK

Checked ram. OK

Checked drive. OK

Tried updating drivers. No effect

Tried dissabling fast boot. No effect

Tried dissabling non essensial drivers. No effect

Uninstaling AVG. No effect

Reseting bios to default settings. No effect

I am out of ideas.

My setup:

Asus n56vz

i7 3610QM, 8gb ram, gt650, samsung 840 evo 250GB, 1TB hdd instead of cd-rom.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me.

Othervise I am left with hope that updates will fix itRecently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i... :)

Jokubas Neciunas, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i...

1. Recently installed windows on a ssd from a hdd and get BSODS that don't make dump files (i... - Similar Threads - Recently installed ssd

2. Having a bunch of BSODs recently, dump file included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a bunch of BSODs recently, dump file included: I've been having quite a few bluescreens recently, mostly while gaming. Not really sure what's up, but I've got the minidumps all zipped up if anyone could give me a hand with it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZYHGVz3XBiXTLtrz0RNKoqljhO1vETL/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Having a bunch of BSODs recently, dump file included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a bunch of BSODs recently, dump file included: I've been having quite a few bluescreens recently, mostly while gaming. Not really sure what's up, but I've got the minidumps all zipped up if anyone could give me a hand with it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ZYHGVz3XBiXTLtrz0RNKoqljhO1vETL/view?usp=sharing...
  4. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included: hi , i was playing a war thunder a couple of days ago and noticed my computer was running a bit warm so i went into my bios and since then I've had a nightmare , as soon as i went into it my computer restarted numerous times blue screen constantly , so i googled all the...
  5. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included: hi , i was playing a war thunder a couple of days ago and noticed my computer was running a bit warm so i went into my bios and since then I've had a nightmare , as soon as i went into it my computer restarted numerous times blue screen constantly , so i googled all the...
  6. constant restarts and bsod recent dump files included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD: I've installed a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in my Dell Inspiron 3580 core i3, Windows 10 Home version 20H2, 64 bit PC. Currently my windows is in HDD, Drive C 99.2 GB, free space 50.4GB. I want to make a copy of my windows in the installed SSD one of two drive, Drive H150GB and...
  8. Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it: I want to move my windows from an hdd to an ssd. The ssd already has stuff on it, but there is enough space for windows on it. However, everywhere ive looked it uses examples of the ssd being wiped. Do I have to delete all the stuff on it for it to work? And if I do, can I...
  9. getting stuck at "getting files ready for installation" on the hdd but not the ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting stuck at "getting files ready for installation" on the hdd but not the ssd?: I have tried multiple times now to download windows 10 via usb stick to the ssd drive. I have done this with previous versions of windows with different usb`s and with the same ssd before with no issues. but this time it just stops at "getting files ready for installation"....
  10. How do I make Cortana search for files from HDD + SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Cortana search for files from HDD + SSD?: Okay so basically I have a game called Quake 3 on my HDD and a different quake on my SSD. I want it to be like the old Windows 7 where if I typed Quake it would find that file but how? I managed to disable cortana and it now shows "Search Windows" instead of cortana...