Windows 10: Recently Internet access is really slow

Discus and support Recently Internet access is really slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 20H2 PCs on a network, 100MBs NICs and switch, FIOS service 75 GBs Up/Down The internet is so slow that signing into OneDrive fails repeatably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobVitter, Apr 16, 2021.

1. BobVitter Win User

Recently Internet access is really slow

Win 10 20H2 PCs on a network, 100MBs NICs and switch, FIOS service 75 GBs Up/Down

The internet is so slow that signing into OneDrive fails repeatably with error messages like we can't find that IP address but it eventually connects

This problem occurs on all PCs on the network

While the connection is failing Ookla speed test shows between 80 - 90 GBs up and down

The delays occur every time but sometimes the delays are worse and it is almost impossible to connect to OneDrive or other websites while at other times it only fails once or twice before connecting

:)

BobVitter, Apr 16, 2021

2. internet access recently slowed/stopped

I have a Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro and about 2 days ago it stopped accessing the internet - the whirly thing just keeps on whirling. But it must be connecting somehow because my Outlook email works and loads new mail as well as old mail. Also, my
    laptop (Macbook with Safari) can access the internet wirelessly.

I got some suggestions from a friend of a friend which were that there was a Windows 10 systems update recently which might explain it. He also suggested I check my router wired connections - and they seem OK (although I realise they might only appear to
    be OK). I have tried troubleshooting internet connections and this 'couldn't identify the problem'. I also reset the defaults to Microsoft recommended defaults which seems to mean I now have Edge as a browser. I have run Malwarebytes and cannot find any malware.
    What is going on? Does anyone have any ideas? Why can't I access the internet on my desktop?

kmvenables, Apr 16, 2021
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Recently Internet access is really slow

Access to internet very slow with Win10

Hi Riccardo,

To address your concern, we suggest that you repair your network connection issues with Windows 10 by following the steps found on this

link

For further information why internet connection is slow, you can refer to this
    link

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Recently Internet access is really slow

1. Recently Internet access is really slow - Similar Threads - Recently Internet access

2. Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently had a BSOD, computer runs really slow.: One day I had to update Windows and while the computer was booting up again, while it was loading it popped up, "Scanning and repairing C:" and I didn't know what to do about it. When I got to the login screen our power went out so I turned the computer off and after a few...
  3. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  4. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  5. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet really slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet really slow all of a sudden: Hi, my internet has gone slow at the moment. The download/upload speed has changed from 600/400 mbps to 80/20 mbps. I don't remember changing anything that would cause my internet to be so slow.Thanks...
  7. Internet really slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet really slow all of a sudden: Hi, my internet has gone slow at the moment. The download/upload speed has changed from 600/400 mbps to 80/20 mbps. I don't remember changing anything that would cause my internet to be so slow.Thanks...
  8. Internet really slow all of a sudden

9. Really slow internet speeds

Really slow internet speeds: This all started after my bios crashed. Before the crash, I was getting anywhere from 150-250mbps on downloads from everywhere third party also I fixed my bios Then I reinstalled windows, I'm only getting 18-25 mbps. Every other computer on my network is getting...
  10. REALLY SLOW INTERNET

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    REALLY SLOW INTERNET: My internet is fast. 125 MB download, about 20 MB Upload. However, I had a weird issue recently. I came back home after a walk, where I had left my PC on (It was only about forty minutes away) and I come back to find my internet not working anymore? When it was working...