Windows 10: Recently lost access to USB drives

Discus and support Recently lost access to USB drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the last couple of months I have lost access to all USB drives (USB 2 and 3). Mouse and keyboard still work. IPAD USB connection still works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrustratedByWin, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Recently lost access to USB drives

In the last couple of months I have lost access to all USB drives (USB 2 and 3). Mouse and keyboard still work. IPAD USB connection still works. Windows plays sound when plugging and unplugging USB drives.

All USB Drives work using uBuntu.

Device manager | Disk Drives shows: "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)"

USB Mass Storage Device entries show "This device is working properly."

I've everything I have found for the "Code 32" above. I have uninstalled USB Devices listed under the Disk Drives heading and the USB Mass Storage Device entries then rebooted but no luck.

Any help will be appreciated. I'd go to Linux but there are still too many Windows apps and games that won't work under WINE.

:)

FrustratedByWin, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Red Giant Win User

Accessing stored content when locked and in flight mode

Hi,

I have recently lost my phone (Nokia Lumia 800 running WP 7.8) and wondered if the content stored on my device such as images, music etc. that was on the phone could be accessed (accessed on a PC or MAC via USB) even though the phone was locked and in flight
    mode when it was lost?

Thanks in advance.

Red Giant, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Ckduck Win User
    Windows 10 on USB

I recently purchased Windows 10 on a USB drive and accidentally lost the software while formatting my hard drive. Can I reload the USB from the Microsoft website using my product key?

<Moderator Edit: Moved from Insider>

Ckduck, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Recently lost access to USB drives

1. Recently lost access to USB drives - Similar Threads - Recently lost access

2. Lost quick access after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost quick access after recent update: Hey guys, well I just updated to latest update and now I'm missing the whole left column, where you usually have access to the drives and your Computer etc. Any ideas how to get that back? [ATTACH]...
  3. My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?

My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?: It is coming up with the message 'the disk structure is corrupted or unreadible'. THIS IS URGENT AS I NEED TO ACCESS THE USB BY TOMORROW AS I NEED SOME INFORMATION / FILES ON IT....
  4. USB Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive not accessible: Phantom USB Drive not accessible - not connected to system - visible only on THIS PC and no security tab in properties Drive is maxed. How do I get rid of this drive?...
  5. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I tried inserting my flash drive & external driver to my Acer Aspire E13 laptop but it is not responding. it says " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file...
  6. Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access

Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access: I have lost the "Recent Files View" in Quick Access on my desktop computer. I still have it on my Surface which I have attached a screenshot from for clarification. How can I get this view back on my desktop computer? Thanks Lenox[ATTACH]...
  7. lost admin access to c:\ drive

lost admin access to c:\ drive: Hi, recently i somehow accidentally deleted every group/user except for me on my c:\ drive. Now i cant open anything relating to the c:\ drive as administrator or reset my pc from control panel. Also i cannot open uca at all....
  8. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I'm using windows 10 enterprise x86 on my HP laptop (15-AC122TU). For last few days I'm unable to copy/delete any file to/from my pendrive, not even able to format it. While formatting (fat32/NTFS/fat) : "Windows was not able to complete the format" While...
  9. Lost access to Seagate external usb drive

Lost access to Seagate external usb drive: Went through my worst week ever with Windows since I built my 1st PC in the Win 3.11 days. For a week almost I was restoring and re-restoring various Win 10 Acronis tibs because my system kept locking up with the little circle spinning at start up or shut down...pretty much...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...