Windows 10: Recently, my computer has been running low on memory

Discus and support Recently, my computer has been running low on memory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, i've been having memory shortage problems. Obviously I have lots of space on my harddrive, so it is likely talking about the RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blkarcher77, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Recently, my computer has been running low on memory

As the title says, i've been having memory shortage problems. Obviously I have lots of space on my harddrive, so it is likely talking about the RAM type of memory.

Chrome has been giving me problems, where sometimes tabs crash because of lack of memory. Games have been crashing that before were working perfectly fine. Photoshop just todays gave me an error that it couldn't show me an optimized version of the image I was looking at because of lack of memory.

This has only been happening in the last two to three weeks, and I've had my PC for well over 3 years at this point. I googled it, and I tried a few fixes, but nothin has worked. I also ran a scan on my PC, which found one virus, and I got rid of it, but still nothing. I really have no idea what this is about.

If you need any more info, let me know, i'll get back as soon as I can

submitted by /u/blkarcher77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blkarcher77, Oct 30, 2020

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Getting low memory. Deleting several apps doesn't seem to make a difference

Hi Dan,

Did you perform any updates recently? When did you start getting low memory? To isolate this problem, we suggest that you run a maintenance task to help us clean up or remove unused files and shortcuts on your computer. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Run maintenance task.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Recently, my computer has been running low on memory

Your computer is low in memory. To prevent...

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to change the size of virtual memory and check if it helps.

To change the size of virtual memory follow the steps below:

• Right click on This PC.
    • Go to Advance System Settings.
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance
      , click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum
      size (MB) box.
    • Click Set and then click OK.
    I would also suggest you to check if a program overuses memory

If the computer becomes low on memory whenever you run certain programs, one or more of those programs might have a memory leak. To stop a memory leak, you need to close the program. To repair a memory leak, you need to check for updates for
    the program or contact the publisher of the software.

To determine which program is using the most memory, follow these steps:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key to open Task Manager.
    • Click the Processes tab.
    • To sort programs by memory usage, click
      Memory.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Recently, my computer has been running low on memory

1. Recently, my computer has been running low on memory - Similar Threads - Recently computer has

2. Skype (which I dont use) has been running every second my computer has been on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype (which I dont use) has been running every second my computer has been on: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zoom_Fiscon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15v1x5l/skype_which_i_dont_use_has_been_running_every/
  3. Computer has been very slow running games recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has been very slow running games recently: So recently, I had this issue that my headset mic was not working which is fixed now but I reinstalled my realtek drivers in the process of trying to repair it. My computer is fine now, however it is very sluggish when running games even though it was completely fine before....
  4. Computer has been very slow running games recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has been very slow running games recently: So recently, I had this issue that my headset mic was not working which is fixed now but I reinstalled my realtek drivers in the process of trying to repair it. My computer is fine now, however it is very sluggish when running games even though it was completely fine before....
  5. My computer has been getting a lot of BSODs on startup recently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer has been getting a lot of BSODs on startup recently: Hardware: MS-7512, MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTDCPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz 8664, level: 62 logical processors, active mask: 3RAM: 6441586688 bytes 6.0GBThe errors that happened was:Kernel Security Check FailureOn Mon 15/11/2021 11:14:45 your...
  6. Has the low memory notification dialog been removed in Windows at some point?

Has the low memory notification dialog been removed in Windows at some point?: At least in the past, you used to get a little dialog box warning you about the system getting low on memory. Such dialog box does not seem to appear anymore. In the System Log, I do get the message "Windows has diagnosed a low memory condition", which is nice, but is not...
  7. Running low on memory on windows 10

Running low on memory on windows 10: Hi, so I created my new gaming PC two months ago. It had no issues until two days ago, when I would be playing a game for several hours and it would randomly crash. Had no idea why, I had ran a memory diagnostics and it came back clean, but the issue kept occurring. Today...
  8. "Your device is running low on memory" error

"Your device is running low on memory" error: [ATTACH] I updated to Windows 2004 around 2 weeks ago and that made my computer super slow, so I formatted my whole HDD and reinstalled Windows. I did not have any issues whatsoever before updating and I have never had issues with any of the previous updates or Windows 10...
  9. My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.: HP Omen Desktop 870-224 7th Gen. Intel Core i5-7400 processor 8 GBB DDR4-2133 SDRAM mem. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Windows 10 I'm not much of a tech sav, however I had updated my computer a few days ago and didn't touch it until friday, I come back to it and it's all of a...
  10. Computer is running low on resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is running low on resources: I can't use my computer. It did turned on but theres a prompt saying I cant sign in and the computer is running low on resources. Whats this? How to resolve this?...