Windows 10: Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

Discus and support Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes" Even if I manually shut down from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MarylouKolenda, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes"
    Even if I manually shut down from the Start using sleep, it still shuts down.
    This is relatively new behavior and quite annoying.
    Thanks!

:)

MarylouKolenda, Mar 17, 2020

2. Sleep function disappeared after Creators update also screen brightness buttons stopped working

After creators update sleep function does not work, power options has no option for sleep.

• In Start>Power sleep does not show, only Hibernate Shut down and Restart.
    • Cannot change screen brightness, buttons stopped working, Action center lost the screen brightness button, Windows Mobility center brightness control has no affect.

JodySolell, Mar 17, 2020
  3. SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix?

1. Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix? - Similar Threads - Recently Sleep function

2. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  3. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  4. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep function in power settings just...stopped...working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep function in power settings just...stopped...working: Yesterday, for some unknown reason, the screensaver and sleep functions on my Windows 11 desktop stopped working. Attempted multiple troubleshooting techniques to no avail. This seems to be a regular issue with Windows 11. What will fix it?...
  6. Sleep function in power settings just...stopped...working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep function in power settings just...stopped...working: Yesterday, for some unknown reason, the screensaver and sleep functions on my Windows 11 desktop stopped working. Attempted multiple troubleshooting techniques to no avail. This seems to be a regular issue with Windows 11. What will fix it?...
  7. Sleep Function is not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Function is not working properly: I recently upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 version20H2. I am facing a problem RELATED to sleep function. Problem ---- my laptop gets stuck on password state after it sleep. I am unable to login again unless I shutdown the System and start again. Similarly it gets...
  8. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.: Like the title suggests i recently updated to the newest update when i was prompted to. After updating the taskbar and start menu no longer works along with most other windows functions. I can’t change the volume through the slider anymore and i can’t get rid of the...
  9. My function keys stopped working

My function keys stopped working: After the windows update on Saturday June 20, my keyboards function keys stopped working/ got rebound. I have the Razer Hunstman te. submitted by /u/chuk552 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdb2iv/my_function_keys_stopped_working/
  10. [Help] Sleep functions not working

[Help] Sleep functions not working: Monitors won't go to sleep after set time (3min). Have been coming back after 4h breaks and both monitors will be on. Last issue I have is that power save is not working. Monitors will lose signal and turn back without the PC going to sleep. Turn off/restarting my computer...