Windows 10: Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

Discus and support Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I hope i post this in the right section. Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by urgeboks, Dec 30, 2018.

1. urgeboks Win User

Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

Hi! I hope i post this in the right section.

Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently opened folders. But the problem is that it still shows the recently opened folders. So when i get back into the options, and turns the feature back to on and then off again the recent folders are gone when right clicking an item. But after a few minutes it starts showing recently opened items again..

Is it supposed to be like this or is it a bug?

:)

urgeboks, Dec 30, 2018

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Jan 16, 2020
  3. urgeboks Win User

Hi! I hope i post this in the right section.

Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently opened folders. But the problem is that it still shows the recently opened folders. So when i get back into the options, and turns the feature back to on and then off again the recent folders are gone when right clicking an item. But after a few minutes it starts showing recently opened items again..

Is it supposed to be like this or is it a bug?

urgeboks, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off - Similar Threads - Recently opened folders

2. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  3. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  4. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  5. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  6. Lock screen shows even though its deactivated in gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen shows even though its deactivated in gpedit: when my screen goes dark due to inactivity i get to the lockscreen even though its deactivated in gpedit. it used to work tho. any idea how to fix this? Windows 10 pro 20H2 submitted by /u/Evil_Sh4d0w [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doodja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gteeo0/is_there_any_way_to_turn_off_this_popup_it_keeps/
  8. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....
  9. I turned off ? Recently opened items

in Windows 10 Support
    I turned off ? Recently opened items: I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728
  10. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts: By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from...