Windows 10: Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

Discus and support Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Feb 24, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks.

Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Feb 24, 2016

2. Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

This method still did not resolve the problem. Any additional recommendations

StevenGoss1944, Feb 24, 2016
  3. MJS1A Win User
    Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

Try this:

Windows Explorer >> View >> Options >> Change Folder and Search Options

Look in the "Privacy" section of the "General" tab. You should see 2 boxes. I think that the one that you'd check reads: "Show recently used files in Quick access".

HTH

MJS1A, Feb 24, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

The jumplists only work for certain programs on Windows 10. I frequently use jumplists for my word documents using Microsoft word, which the jumplists works fine.

Did the jumplists for that program work in another version of Windows?

lmaneke, Feb 25, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    And by what I can see, it says your OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. Are you using a tweaker software for the use in Windows 7 to have a Windows 10 experience?

And by what I can see by the taskbar, that looks to be what it would look like on Windows 10 RTM 10240.

lmaneke, Feb 25, 2016
  6. THX1138 Win User
    I have one system running Win 7 and one running 10. This problem pertains to the system running 10. The screenshot I posted also shows MS Office Word 2016 which doesn't even have a jump list. *Sad They work on my Win 7 machine.

THX1138, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists - Similar Threads - Recently opened items

2. Jump list items not appearing for Access only - split database to blame?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jump list items not appearing for Access only - split database to blame?: Hello brains.I have set my jump lists for Windows 10 to 30, however since I split two databases so that my colleague could also use them, they no longer appear in my Access jump list. I previously had them pinned. I can pin other files from other programmes that are held on...
  3. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  4. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  5. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump list File Explorer items not opening program: Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open...
  6. Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...: [ATTACH] I just want to turn off "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access", but the switch has been disabled. I don't think I have changed some options in Group Policy. How can I activate this switch and turn it off?...
  7. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump Lists No Longer Appear: After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will...
  8. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...
  9. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...
  10. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...