Windows 10: Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Discus and support Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dnkame, Sep 29, 2020.

1. dnkame Win User

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Running Windows 10 Home

Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why?

Thanks,

David

:)

dnkame, Sep 29, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 29, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

How to hide recent files from Quick Access

Hi,

Let me assist you with this.

Get rid of the new Quick Access/Home view in File Explorer

Follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list.

It'll set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Let us know if you have any questions again on quick access. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

1. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files - Similar Threads - Recently opened word

2. Quick Access & Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  3. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: The files do not show in quick access! whatever I try to go back to normal, it fails : Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand press Enter. Restart the PC. ---> does not work. Whether I click or use "defaut parameters" the ticK will disappear...
  4. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files: For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using...
  5. Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access: For some reason as above, files I have recently opened in Quick Access are not showing. Can anyone help please? 144015
  6. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  7. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...: [ATTACH] Here is how I re-created this bug: 1. Open an image file in Paint 2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop 3. Open File Explorer and go to Quick Access. 4. The files appear as 0 kb. For some reason the files are also sometimes missing the Date Modified. When I...
  8. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261