Windows 10: Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...

Discus and support Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My past harddrive setup was a simple 128gb Intel ssd from like 7 years ago and a 3tb hdd that i simply used for storage. My old harddrive was full so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DKML, Jun 18, 2021.

1. DKML Win User

Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...

My past harddrive setup was a simple 128gb Intel ssd from like 7 years ago and a 3tb hdd that i simply used for storage. My old harddrive was full so I bought a new harddrive; a 1TB Samsung 870 Evo SSD and installed windows on it. I was dual-booting windows on both my ssds when I made the mistake of formatting my new harddrive as I wanted to run windows on my smaller ssd and just use the larger one for storage; big mistake. I ended up deleting the master boot record and my pc bluescreened on startup. So i started anew just reinstalling windows on just the new ssd, unplugged the old ssd that wa

:)

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Zeratul Win User
    New pc freezes randomly

Hello This is My pc:

- 970a ud3p
    - Gx Cooler Master 650
    -Hyperx Blue 1600 8G ( 2/4 )
    -Gtx 760
    - Hdd Wd Blue
    - Windows 8.1 ( Updated )

This is the problem, PC freezes randomly, I play the entire day, battlefield 4 without any problem, you can spend a month or a week, without any kind of problem, but randomly freezes, the power supply was changed, before had an Antec neo eco 550, and also froze the temperatures are correct, I do not understand what the problem is, appreciate your help, and checked the Ram memories, separately, and no problem, I checked another motherboard and another processor, and same problem, I would be very grateful if you could my bearings, excuse my English, Thanks

Zeratul, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a...

1. Recently reinstalled windows on a new harddrive; my pc now randomly freezes for about a... - Similar Threads - Recently reinstalled harddrive

2. Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up: HelloToday I changed my harddrive and now all of a sudden a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up under my computer. It has a volum of 256MB and does not show under diskmanagment....
  3. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  4. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  5. My PC randomly freezes for a second, happens every now and then

My PC randomly freezes for a second, happens every now and then: So, after I have upgraded my CPU Ryzen 5 7600, MOBO Asus TUF B650M-E Wifi, and RAM 32GB 2x16 Corsair Vengeance 6200mhz CL36, and added an NVME drive 1TB WD SN770, I keep getting random one-second freezes when browsing the files, and most importantly, in the middle of games....
  6. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  7. PC freezes randomly for about a second

PC freezes randomly for about a second: Hey there,my PC is freezing randomly as far as i can tell. It does freeze while playing games, while browsing, while watching videos, and so on.What i've done so far without it helping:-i checked Harddisk with: wmic diskdrive get status and ran CHKDSK C: /x /r-updated every...
  8. PC freezes randomly for about a second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Question about reinstalation of win10 on new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about reinstalation of win10 on new pc: Hello, I have a win7 pro licence that was upgraded to win10 back when it was offered. I'm planing on buying new PC and I dont know if I will be able to still use my old win7 key? My win7 pro is from now defunct MSDNAA service. Its not an OEM version. submitted by...
  10. Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent: I've had Windows 10 Freeze on him a handful of times, but nothing that seem out of the ordinary until this week. I had one freeze a week ago and 2 freezes today. Not sure whats causing it, looking at the reliability monitor Ive found this, but thats all i can see. The...