Windows 10: Recently reset computer is extremely laggy

Discus and support Recently reset computer is extremely laggy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, my 2 year old Surface Pro 7 ran fast and smoothly. It had no issues. Then, there was a pop-up on my screen saying my drivers needed updating,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zacian777, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Zacian777 Win User

Recently reset computer is extremely laggy

Recently, my 2 year old Surface Pro 7 ran fast and smoothly. It had no issues. Then, there was a pop-up on my screen saying my drivers needed updating, so I updated them using an application called Driver Booster 7. It completely messed up my computer, to say the least. Nothing was functioning well, so I reset the laptop while keeping all of my previous files. Still, after resetting, it is laggy and the camera won't turn on. Please help in any way you can. Thank you very much!

:)

Zacian777, Mar 3, 2021

2. Recently Reset Computer

Hi,

Black screen issues may happen due to several reasons. One of these is due to outdated or incompatible display drivers. For us to properly assist you in rectifying the black screen concern, supply more information by answering these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • May we know what prompted you to reset the device?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Are there any third party applications or software installed on your PC?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Laggy

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in Troubleshoot
    lags or freezes in Windows
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also go through the suggestions given in Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
    to help make your PC run better.

Note:

Reset will result in the loss of data and the applications installed. You may take a backup of the data before reset.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Recently reset computer is extremely laggy

Extremely Laggy Windows 10 UI

Hello, I get a extremely laggy UI notifications in taskbar and the startmenu button. Never should/have this problem in windows 8.1. As soon as the UI has gone the lag goes.

Specs

Intel 4670k

16gb Ram

GTX 770

250gb Samsung 850 ssd OS

500Gb Samsung 840 ssd

120gb Samsung 840 ssd

Shermo1984, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Recently reset computer is extremely laggy

1. Recently reset computer is extremely laggy - Similar Threads - Recently reset computer

2. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden: I am using Windows 10 home, processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64 bit.When for example I scroll over folders, it takes a couple seconds for it to be highlighted, everything is overall gittering. It gets particularly worse when I open games...
  3. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden: I am using Windows 10 home, processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64 bit.When for example I scroll over folders, it takes a couple seconds for it to be highlighted, everything is overall gittering. It gets particularly worse when I open games...
  4. Computer has become extremely slow and laggy all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy

Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy: Hello everyone, I have this problem where Minecraft Bedrock Edition all of a sudden started lagging a lot regarding frames. This is very weird because I played this edition for so long before and it was absolutely fluid. I've done some digging and I noticed that as soon as I...
  6. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  7. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  8. Minecraft extremely laggy with a reasonably capable computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft extremely laggy with a reasonably capable computer: Hello.I own a very decent computer, with a GTX 1080, an i7 6800k and 16gb of RAM. I've played minecraft with this PC since arround 2018-2019 and was always fine, but suddenly now it became unplayable. It runs at 1 fps all the time, you can even feel the lag at the menu where...
  9. Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up: I build a whole computer about a month ago. Since I have build the computer, everything, for the most part, works completely fine except when it comes to sleeping. When the computer wakes up from a sleep, no matter how long, it is unbelievably laggy to the point where it...
  10. Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up: I build a whole computer about a month ago. Since I have build the computer, everything, for the most part, works completely fine except when it comes to sleeping. When the computer wakes up from a sleep, no matter how long, it is unbelievably laggy to the point where it...