Windows 10: Recently reset PC but forgot some files

Discus and support Recently reset PC but forgot some files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reset my pc to the factory default through the windows settings but it turns out the files that I meant to save onto google drive didn't actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GyroGoro, May 16, 2022.

1. Recently reset PC but forgot some files

I reset my pc to the factory default through the windows settings but it turns out the files that I meant to save onto google drive didn't actually save. I'm not very optimistic but I'm wondering if there's a way to view my files on my D: Drive before I reset my PC.

submitted by /u/GyroGoro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GyroGoro, May 16, 2022
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 16, 2022
  3. eidairaman1, May 16, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Recently reset PC but forgot some files

95Viper, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Recently reset PC but forgot some files

1. Recently reset PC but forgot some files - Similar Threads - Recently reset forgot

2. Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...: Recent updateThis PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't be able to undothe update.What should I do because it is formatted or not...
  3. Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...: Recent updateThis PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't be able to undothe update.What should I do because it is formatted or not...
  4. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  5. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before: Hi There, ok so i Encrypted some of my files in My computer and also changed My computer password, but i forgot My computer password so i reset My PC, but after resetting My PC i can't open or copy or move those Encrypted Files since the ownership changed after resetting My...
  6. Resetting PC and Forgot To Decrypt Files Before

7. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  8. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  9. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

10. Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.: I'm completely stuck atm. I don't know what's wrong with microsoft honestly. I used to use fingerprint scanner to log in for 6 months straight. So now suddenly, I need to use a pin to log in, which i forgot. That's my fault, whatever. Then I taught let me take the loss and...