Windows 10: Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

Discus and support Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have a custom-built computer with SSD and a hard drive for data (Labeled E). Have had no problems for 5 years. I usually leave the computer on for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Howdego108, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

Have a custom-built computer with SSD and a hard drive for data (Labeled E). Have had no problems for 5 years. I usually leave the computer on for a few days at a time, and restart a couple of times a week. For the past month or so, when I go to the computer in the morning, on some days, the hard drive cannot be seen. But, I can access it again if I restart the computer and continues to work fine. Don’t know if this is a hardware problem, driver problem or a result of the recent Windows 10 updates. As I have done nothing, the Windows option seems to be the most likely cause.

Might there be an obvious simple fix? howdego108

:)

Howdego108, Apr 17, 2019

2. Second hard drive disappeared

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago and everything was going fine. Today I was moving files from my second hard drive (internal drive) when the folder I had open closed. I tried to reopen it but the drive was gone. I checked to see if the drive letter
    was dropped but the drive it self was not listed. I have the latest drivers and bios. Any idea what happened and how to fix it?

Albert_H_717, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

little cat, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

1. Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recently Second hard

2. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10: I have my windows laptop for 3 years and it has bluetooth built-in inside. I've been using the bluetooth mostly to connect to my ear-buds and it went well on most days. But, I've been struggling with the same error ... the bluetooth option just went missing on some days. I've...
  3. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10: I have my windows laptop for 3 years and it has bluetooth built-in inside. I've been using the bluetooth mostly to connect to my ear-buds and it went well on most days. But, I've been struggling with the same error ... the bluetooth option just went missing on some days. I've...
  4. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  6. Hard drive disappearance

Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  7. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  9. Windows hard drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when I...
  10. Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10: Bought a brand new HP Z4 G4 computer and added a brand new Western Digital black 6TB hard drive. After waking computer from sleep it can't see the 6TB hard drive occasionally! Maybe twice a week this happens, but the other 10 times it can see it fine. When it can't see the...