Windows 10: Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)...

Discus and support Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; . submitted by /u/Mr-Berwilikens [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu522s/recently_some_weird_things_have_been_happening/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr-Berwilikens, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)...

/u/Mr-Berwilikens, Jul 19, 2020

2. Some features in Setting is not working??

After upgrading, I have notice some of the features on window 10 settings is not working.

• Apps and features
    • Personaliztion
    • Data Usage (usage details)
    • Accounts
    When I try to open these items one of two things happen. either the screen open and a series of dots running through at the top of the page ( as thought it is trying to search for something) then suddenly it shut down the screen.

or it never open the screen at all.

do not know what happen?

Regrads

EC

Eric.Bronte, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    I Can't Open Some Things On My Search Bar!

Hi Mayr,

This issue can occur from corrupted system files and problems with Windows Search and Indexing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Select System and Security
    • Right-click on Search and Indexing.
    • Click Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next.
    • Select the situation applicable to the issue.
    • Click Next.

If the issue still persists, restart Windows Search by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Click OK.
    • Locate and right-click on Windows Search.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that Startup type is set to Automatic.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Right-click Windows Search again.
    • Click Restart.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)...

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)...

1. Recently some weird things have been happening (Settings not opening, Search not working)... - Similar Threads - Recently weird things

2. Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently: Hello,My Windows Search has become very hit-or-miss lately. In general, I think it finds most files from 2020 and previous and it doesn't seem to have issues with files in my Downloads folder. But when it comes to My Documents which I renamed due to a corporate policy issue -...
  3. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  4. Help!!! There’s some weird things happening on my screen !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!!! There’s some weird things happening on my screen !!: I was just using the website ukutabs and jamming on my ukelele when my screen just suddenly starts scrolling up rapidly fast, I can click around normally but I can’t see anything — IDK how to add videos to textposts and I really need help here because I’m panicking a lot and...
  5. Been having some weird issues lately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having some weird issues lately: The first thing I noticed yesterday was that my search bar in windows was not working anymore. If I click to begin typing in it, the start menu flashes open and closed really quickly. If I hit the windows button, the start menu opens fine and I can interact with it no problem...
  6. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  7. Weird thing happened this morning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  8. Weird thing happened this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  9. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...
  10. Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings": Running Windows 10 Pro, latest version. I wasn't really doing anything unusual, just watching a boring Youtube video. The computer freezes up--like in the old days. Totally frozen. I haven't had a total freeze up since XP, like over 3 years ago. Neither the kb nor the...